Trigger Warnings

Hi all,

Just wanted to get advice on triggers warnings. I have a few scenes that may be upsetting to some readers and I’m trying to be mindful of it and wondering what I should do.

For example, if I have a chapter where someone gets murdered and there’s blood - do I write this as a trigger warning at the start of the chapter? (But at the same time, I don’t want to spoil the episode and say that a person gets murdered.) And the murder is supposed to be shocking and unexpected, but if I add a skip the scene option when the time comes, then people will know that someone’s about to die. How do I do this without spoiling anything??

random side note as I’m writing this I just realized there’s like so many vampire stories out there that don’t have trigger warnings for all the killing sprees they go on. :i_dunno:

Anyways, back to me lol - I have a few other things that are possible triggers for some people (however these are super brief in the story) The MC gets slapped by her boyfriend (this only happens once.)

And I have another character who very briefly talks about have infertility issues.

How do I address this in my story?

Thank you!!

1 Like

[quote=“Beach.xo.Babe, post:1, topic:597732”]
For example, if I have a chapter where someone gets murdered and there’s blood .

yes, @Beach.xo.Babe you should use warning so readers know. what will take place in the story and even if you don’t want to use warning you still have to because if episode community read story and see there not warning . they will email you to put it in story but still you have put warning because it have blood and murder that take place in story.

How do I do this without spoiling anything??

Example

you can use this in story @Beach.xo.Babe
Anyways, back to me lol - I have a few other things that are possible triggers for some people (however these are super brief in the story) The MC gets slapped by her boyfriend (this only happens once.)

How do I address this in my story?
this story contain sexual abuse .

@cookie_kitten.v can help create text overlay for @Beach.xo.Babe

1 Like

Thank you, I will do that for my story.

1 Like

you’re welcome and if you want change warning theme . feels free to change warning it up to you . :blush:

it don’t need be like story idea but you can use example i give you but just make up something that can warned readers in story :blush: but i happy to help

here is a link @Beach.xo.Babe

1 Like

Thanks, I will check it out.

Do you suggest having a skip the scene option for certain scenes or no?

1 Like

you’re welcome :blush:

yes, you can use skip option for readers to choose from in a story. since readers have to choose if they want start scene or skip scene but it up to you :blush:

Also you can use skip option in mystery or next story but any one will work

but it depends

1 Like

you should probably be aware of the episode guidelines before even putting this in your story.

• e. No descriptions or depictions of non-consensual sex. Through content or through choice selection, the reader must be able to give consent to having sex or performing sexual acts (i.e. reader must always have the option to turn it down without punishment or judgment)
1 Like

Yes, thank you. I am well aware of these guidelines already.

I don’t want to get my story banned so I am trying my best to stick to the guidelines.

Why is that I never see this in ANY story though…reader consents to sex?

Literally EVERY story I’ve read, when the time came for the MC and LI to have sex, they just did it.

There was nothing that asked the reader if they gave consent for this.

oh I know, it’s so complicated. most stories I read don’t even go with the guidelines :joy:

1 Like

No kidding! :rofl: I’m way too paranoid about getting my story banned if I don’t follow the guidelines. After all that hard work that goes into writing a story, I would be devastated if it got banned. So I’m going to be super careful with it. When the sex scene comes up, I’ll just make a note that says the reader needs to consent to sex and just give them a button to click yes lol, like is that what you’re supposed to do??