I need some advice

INT. HOSPITAL LIGHTS LOOP - NIGHT witih HOSPITALBG AND HOSPITALBG2
@zoom reset
@transition fade in black 3
&overlay HOSPITALBG create
&overlay HOSPITALBG opacity 0.5 in 0
&overlay HOSPITALBG moves to layer 5
@overlay HOSPITALBG opacity 0.7 in 1.5
&RANDO spot 1.280 245 5 AND RANDO does it while arms_crossed AND RANDO faces left AND RANDO2 walks to spot 1.280 170 5 in 2 AND RANDO2 does it while arms_crossed AND RANDO2 faces left
@overlay HOSPITALBG opacity 0.2 in 2
@RANDO moves to layer 6 AND overlay HOSPITALBG opacity 0.6 in 1
#@RANDO walks to spot 1.280 170 5 in 2 AND RANDO does it while arms_crossed AND RANDO faces left RANDO2 walks to spot 1.280 170 5 in 2 AND RANDO2 does it while arms_crossed AND RANDO2 faces left
&RANDO walks to spot 1.280 245 5 in 2 and RANDO2 walks to spot 1.280 74 5 in 2 AND RANDO moves to layer 4 AND RANDO2 moves to layer 3 AND RANDO is arms_crossed AND RANDO2 is arms_crossed AND RANDO faces left AND RANDO2 faces left
&overlay HOSPITALBG opacity 0 in 2
&RANDO is arms_crossed AND RANDO2 is arms_crossed
@pause for a beat
&remove RANDO2
&overlay HOSPITALBG clear

That hot mess is my script. I’m trying to make the “RANDO” characters look blur back and forth to each other and then merge in the center of the screen. I’ve given this section every. last. SHRED. of my patience, but it still looks terrible. Can someone give me advice??

I’m not 100% sure myself gow to do this but will have a go see if I can do something :slight_smile: however this won’t be until tomorrow as it’s 1am here and I’ve got to get up at 6 for an interview :joy:

Do you want them to be faded as well before merging into one? And are they walking towards eachother to merge or do you want them to be still and Just slide into eachother like the character is coming into focus

1 Like

I want them to become “whole” and opaque when merged :slight_smile:

Do you mind if I ask what your overlay is used for?

My overlay is from Dara Amarie’s Fading Characters tutorial :slight_smile:

I see so its the hospital lights used to fade the characters?

I’ll have a look see what I can do tomorrow
Night X

More like the background is looping, but I don’t want it to, and the 1st overlay is holding the background still while the 2nd trying to make the randos seem like they are blur-ing in and out of sight

I want them to slide into each other :slight_smile: like the character is coming into focus

No problem. I’m out for now but will give it my best shot when I get back :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve messaged you with what I’ve come up with

1 Like