Trouble with English

Hello Episodians! :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s me, Lady Stephanie from the story Facing My Demons. I hope all of you are having a nice day!

So long story short. English isn’t my first language. Could you tell? I’m sure you can’t. I’ve had years of practice so grammar and spelling is not a problem. Now, the thing is when I’m going to describe moments in my story I feel like I don’t have the right words. Since it’s based on true events it’s easy to relieve the moment and remember everything I felt at that time. The problem is trying to put that feeling into words. I need help describing the moment. I could do it on spanish with no problem what so ever, but when I translate it to English it just doesn’t have the same effect on the reader. Any tips as to what I could do? I’m really stuck with this problem and I don’t want to keep on writting because I feel as if I’m leaving important details out of the story. :confused: Advice?

can’t help but I feel the same when I write. I often fell like the text comes out stupid and forced cause I dont know how to formulate the words correctly

1 Like

Well, you could try getting a dictionary, and just flipping through it when you’re not sure of the right words.

1 Like

I don’t mind helping!

1 Like

For me, english is also not my first language but i tried to read english books as many as i can. it will improve your vocab, a lot. and you can simply search in google such as “words to help your writing” or “a word list for writers”. and the most important thing: you need to practice. I’m also still not a very good writer and the fact that english is not my mother tongue makes it harder. But practice makes perfect. So don’t lose hope and keep trying! i hope this help :two_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve read countless books over the years. But I will research more. Thank you! :smiley:

It’s really hard lol.

Thank you! :smiley:

Question was marked as solved by Op. Closed. Thanks all!