Trying to get a character to move while sleeping

Hey guys!

I’m trying to move a character and keep the character that way when the “walk to spot” is over with. However, when it ends the character is standing up and is in idle position. This is how I have it coded:

&RIVER walks to spot 0.716 160 42 in zone 1 in 2 AND RIVER faces right AND RIVER does it while sleep_sitting

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? TIA :smiley:

Maybe try replacing & with @?

I’ll give it a shot lol. Because I could swear that is the proper coding.

1 Like

It didn’t work :sleepy: stupid specific coding :joy:

1 Like

What’s the next line in the script?
Sometimes the problem is elsewhere and a different part doesn’t work properly.

Sigh…

Hello,

&RIVER walks to spot 0.716 160 42 in zone 1 in 2 AND RIVER faces right AND RIVER does it while sleep_sitting then RIVER starts sleep_sitting

As long as there’s not some other command for RIVER after this then & is fine to use especially if it’s meant to be used while something else is happening such as coding someone carrying her. Or if you want her to finish moving while sleeping first before anything else then use @

It’s just adding a “then RIVER starts/is sleep_sitting” for after she walk sleeps. Because it is currently only coded for her to be sleep sitting up until she’s done “walking” then by default they go idle after they’ve “walked”. If that makes sense :woozy_face:

1 Like

I just realised something. So you want the character to keep doing sleep_sitting even after moving to the spot right? I think then you should code it like this:
@RIVER walks to spot 0.716 160 42 in zone 1 in 2 AND RIVER faces right AND RIVER does it while sleep_sitting
@RIVER is sleep_sitting
I think the script thinks you only want the character to sleep while moving… See if this works for you. Not sure though! :thinking:
EDIT : I just noticed that Elaina also said the same thing before me.

1 Like

I do it like ithis:
&RIVER walks to spot 0.716 160 42 in zone 1 in 2 AND RIVER does it while sleep_sitting AND RIVER faces right THEN RIVER is sleep_sitting

1 Like

I didnt even know there was a “then” command. I’m going to try all of these out. Lol it was driving me nuts so I just went to bed lol. Thank you!

1 Like

Awesome thank you. And hes a baby character ( to the best of my ability anyway :joy:). I will definitely try this. Thank you!

1 Like

I did this coding and it will had him sitting up. Lol. I will give the then a go. Didnt even know it was a command until today lol thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.