Trying to Get Two Characters to Already Be Sitting? Help?

Hello! I’m new here, and fairly new to creating Episode stories. I have one called ‘Just A Friend’, and I’m trying to make my two characters already be sitting in a scene. I’m using LL, by the way. Also, I’m using the INT. CLASSROOM DESK - DAY background.

Here’s my code:
(the @ symbols are already there)

LILIA spot 1.280 249 0 AND LILIA is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND LILIA faces left
OLIVIA spot 1.280 87 2 AND OLIVIA is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND OLIVIA faces right

However, whenever I preview my story on the app, Lilia appears first and then Olivia appears shortly afterwards. How can I have them already be sitting together?? Please help! Thank you so much!

Hey! Just combine them and put their individual commands in the same command!

@LILIA spot 1.280 249 0 AND LILIA is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND LILIA faces left AND OLIVIA spot 1.280 87 2 AND OLIVIA is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND OLIVIA faces right

You can’t exactly see it on the forums since it travels to the next line, but all I did was add “AND” on Olivia’s command to combine it with Lilia’s! You can do this with other characters, too! This way, they’ll sit at the same time! :smiley:

Thank you so much! You were a huge help!

Hmmm… it seems to pop up with an error. It says that’s not a valid directing command.

It should be working; I even tested it in one of my stories (with different names) and it worked. Could you post exactly what you typed in?? :slight_smile:

@Kay_Smith

I’ve added the & - use those instead of @

@LILIA spot 1.280 249 0 AND LILIA is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND LILIA faces left AND OLIVIA spot 1.280 87 2 AND OLIVIA is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND OLIVIA faces right

I have this posted.

Thank you, I’ll see if this works!

If you need more directing help and knowing how to use the & and @ etc, check out

Under Tips & Advice - Directing Tips & Help

Moved to Directing Help & Tips as that’s where scripting questions live! Also let us know if it worked @Kay_Smith! :slight_smile:

@Ryan Yes, it did!

That’s because instead of is idle_sit_bkkjffgdfd it should be starts idle_sit_fvckhgc,g

nvm. I’m being dumb

Happy to hear the original question got resolved! Closing :v:t2: