Turtle's Summer Art Boot Camp

For*

1 Like

No problem :two_hearts:

1 Like

I’ll join for the next challenge :relieved:

1 Like

Me and Lynda well that’s how I spell it

I did the outline and hair and background thingy whatever tf I did and @Linlin330
Did the base coloring and shading and wine hand

11 Likes

My collab with @/epi.bry on insta

Extra

@Jossu did
Outline
Hair
Lips
Background

And i edited the “extra” one

@/epi.bry did
Skin
Eyes
Clothes

14 Likes

Reviews will be out towards 11-12 (EST)

7 Likes

Tonight?

2 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

park

Here is @Mouse.Episode and I’s collab edit

@Bridi

Hair
Lips
Clothes
Outlines

@Mouse.Episode

Skin
Eyes
Background
Outline touch-ups

10 Likes

Hey people! It’s Wednesday!!

Time to review each of these entries for this week’s boot camp! For this week’s review, I will not be going against a particular person and I won’t mention who did what if you told me. This will be overall.

Captain_vanilla and epi.kendy

@Captain_vanilla and @epi.kendy
I like the outline and the idea of the drawing. It looks likes friends are taking a picture together! The halos are also a good touch to it as well, makes it seem like a picture on Snapchat on something. But… there are a couple of problems… One of them looks different from the other. One has more detail than the other, which is not what a collab is. A collab is not putting two separate pieces of artwork together, but rather one person doing a couple of parts and the other doing the other parts to make one big masterpiece.
Here’s an example. (Me and @Cassandra_Dean’s collab.)
All characters look the same but still have a touch of both of our art styles.
Does that make sense? The background is a nice touch!

pastelthunder8, Problematic_Patrick, and QueenSaucy

@Epi.milkyway, @Problematic_Patrick, and @lexlie
The eyes and clothing shading is beautiful and works perfectly well together! The hair is a bit plain and has some white marks within the outline of it. This also goes along with the entire outline. Remember, you want the colors to be on the inside of the outline completely unless otherwise. The skin shading for the face is pretty, but it does it not go with the rest of her body’s shading. I really like the background for this. It matches the rest of the edit and is blurred nicely.

EpisodeMirana and Cami_valen

@EpisodeMirana and @Cami_valen
Untitled265-1
Like with @Captain_vanilla and @epi.kendy’s review, it looks to me like you guys both did a character and combind them onto one background. I will not be reviewing one character over the other because that would be super rude and mean. I do like the idea of emoji flower crowns, cute! UwU
I’m gonna tell you guys the same thing I told the other girls: (Me and @Cassandra_Dean’s collab.)
All characters look the same but still have a touch of both of our art styles.

tea_bish and epy.sg

@bad.bish and @epy.sg
Okay, lemme just say, both of you guys’ artwork beautifully together. This is really really adorable, especially with the glitter and the flower. I totally recommend you two do another collab in the future because this is really cute. The only thing I would say is the hair… it looks a bit a plain… maybe add a bit more detail into it in the future…?

_haruka and CD_Erugo

@_haruka and @CD_Erugo

The facial features for this piece is really cute! Somewhat realistic too! The outline overall is a bit blurry tho… I recommend making the canvas size bigger to gain more quality. The hair is definitely unique but still ugh… adorable! UwU The skin shading is kinda plain but still looks well with the rest! Same with the lips. The way you did blushing is very unique and adorable.
Linlin330 and Ghosty

@Linlin330 and @Suga_Bear
Untitled458
I like the fact that it doesn’t look like two seperate artists completed this and they look like one! I applaud you on that! The hair looks natural and fits the well! but the redhead’s arm looks a bit small and the win glass is on the outside of her hand instead of her holding it. The bubble on the pink dressed girl looks like it could be shaded a bit more…
for example:
This photo doesn’t show it, but maybe make the buble a bit more transparent so it’s more natural.

Jossu and epi.bry

@Jossu and @/epi.bry
I like the idea of this edit! The hair and eyes are super cute. Skin shading is also not bad either! The only thing I would say is to not get too lazy, with the clothing. There’s no shading in the clothes, so it just looks like you cropped a pick from Google or something. The leggings are a good detail to add to the edit.

Bridi and Mouse.Episode

@Bridi and @Mouse.Episode

Ooooo, I really like you two as a collab! There are some simple parts and others with more details that blend together well. The ear-rings look pasted though… ALso the hair just has a white streak. If you’re going to that, be sure to change the blending the mode to overlay or screen or something of that lighter shade if that makes sense…?

Sorry for the short reviews this week.:sweat_smile:

THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE HAS BEEN UPDATED ON THE MAIN REPLY

There is a challenge for Episode and for freestyle this week. :slight_smile:

Tags

@yeagerivel @Cassandra_Dean @Cocoa_bean23 @lexlie @StoneCold @Problematic_Patrick @Epi.milkyway @Bridi @Jossu @bhxddiedashet @CStation @Suga_Bear @minnehaaa @Mouse.Episode @Silver_Shadow @ratkylie @Shuvii @Turtle_Cat @bad.bish @epy.sg @sanamansoor15 @Infinitee @inkkee @_haruka @Fernanda2 @AMagic @bad.bish @Queen_K @boujee @Captain_vanilla @Maria.StoryWritter

23 Likes

thank you, turtle! :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Hehe, thank you! :heartpulse:

3 Likes

thanks for the feedback <3 idk why the image is so low res :joy:

3 Likes

Ty, I understood :blob_hearts:
I have a question the challanges are two, can we choose or do we have to make them both?

2 Likes

Thank youuu :heart:

Tysm :heart:

I’m joining. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hehe @Epi.milkyway you’d love this

Joining this week :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

You can do one or both :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Joining!

2 Likes