TWO authors had their stories removed from the app and we need explanations

Understandable! I also get the frustration and anxiety right now.

Yes, Isabelle, you can. :smiling_face: you can use any of the gems that are specified in the guide on the writer’s portal. This includes 5, 8, 12, 17, 22, and 35 gems. The standard amount is 15.

Here’s more info in this particular guide.

8 Likes

Omg thank u​:face_exhaling::raised_hand: you got me there for a second gems

2 Likes

Hi, everyone. So @/baechulgi got her reply from episode that her story is permanently removed because of some screenshots. Is it the same case for @/tanyaepisodeauthor ? I’m not always active here so I think I missed out on something.

5 Likes

My story has been removed and will not be re-instated. I am to afraid to post a screenshot here but will do it without hate to Episode. The fight is over and there is nothing I can do. Like I said. I didn’t cheat or attempt to. I’m a mom, I work full time and don’t have enough hours in a day to think up crap like cheating gems.

17 Likes

Do you mind if I dm you?

2 Likes

Sure!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :heart:

1 Like

Episode said her story was removed because she asked about using unlimited gems + then her story suddenly got popular, so this person is probably someone close to her trying to make episode go back on their decision :frowning:

9 Likes

The unlimited gems private message also could have been forged it’s easy to fake those things so I wouldn’t think it should count as evidence against her as if someone was targeting her they could have faked those messages as well to make her look guilty.

6 Likes

See this is a problem in itself the only thing they say is that it put in trending charts with a large number of gems spent as well as a negative currency count. But that doesn’t say how that’s you’re fault. It’s like well this looks like people hacked gems to spend on your story so we’re removing your story and going to act like it’s your fault. If they had an evidence of you having done wrong they could have said that but it just goes on about them believing that hacked gems were used on your story which again isn’t the fault of the author.

9 Likes

Tanya, I have a question for you, but I rather not say it publicly here because it’s quite private and troubling, do you mind if I dm either here or instagram?

1 Like

You can :heart:

2 Likes

thank you

2 Likes

I don’t know. The person would’ve had to have planned it exactly when her story increased in ranks which sounds pretty convenient. I’m sure they did actually look into it and determined there was a problem. They aren’t going to pull someone’s work for no reason.

11 Likes

I wish there was more I could add to this discussion. Episode seems resolute in their desire to sweep this issue under the rug as quickly as possible; but I’ll just say that, personally, I’m not satisfied with the answers we’ve been given nor the lack of address this issue has received on Episode’s official social media accounts. *Community writers provide a great service on this platform, but they have almost zero real autonomy. This is a precedent. At the least, I believe there should be measures to appeal this decision.

17 Likes

This this this THIS.
Not to beat a dead horse, but why are they trying to shove said horse under the rug?

9 Likes

At a basic level, it just seems to me like they don’t/don’t want to believe they’ve done anything wrong. Technically, they’re within their rights to terminate any story/account they deem as having broken their code of conduct. I don’t think I’ve seen many people debating the legality of this situation; most people, myself included, are concerned with the ethics behind it ( And history has shown us that legality does not always equal morality ). Legally, they can erase your work from the platform without any prior notice after having undergone a completely discreet, behind-the-scenes review process and leave you without any means to rectify the situation. Is that right? Is that fair? To who? Definitely not the writer, lol.

Anything more than the announcements they’ve given us (so a formal publication of their actions in front of their wider user base not just the few of us that frequent the forums, an amendment to the review system whereby reviewers must work with community writers to create more transparency and accountability in their assessments, or—god forbid—an actual change to the guidelines) would mean a lot of work on the company’s part. There’s no way they’d do more on their own accord if we haven’t asked for/demanded it.

13 Likes

Truly horrifying what they’ve done to you. You absolutely didn’t deserve that and Glamour will always hold a special place in our hearts. Thank you for blessing us with such masterpieces, I respect your decision and wish you all the best for the future <3

10 Likes

@Mhyde This one !:slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s amazing how you are standing up for these authors, because it so unfair that this happened to them, like after spending so long on their stories and THIS is what they get?!

1 Like