Type in name choices

I need help with the type in choices. I put in a type in name choice in a scene in my story. I have the reader type in a last name for the main character. How do I have that name choice continue throughout the story. Like if another character asked the MC for their whole name or just their last name. If I had the readers type in their own name. How do I keep that exact name going throughout the story. I seriously need help. Is there anyone out there who can help me.

[Name] is driving

What does that mean? Are you referring to if the character is driving?

1 Like

No its an example
•[Name] I can’t believe this happened.

I get how use it like that, I just need to know how to keep that name that the readers type in continuous in the story without having to type the code again.
I actually tried doing something like that. But when I previewed it. It showed Auto Bot for the name. This is what I typed:
This is Kalyesha [NAME]. It showed as This is Kalyesha Auto Bot when I first previewed it.

It did the same for me too, I guess you can just go to @Apes or @Dara.Amarie

Ok thanks for trying to help me.

1 Like

Try testing it in the app, the web previewer will only show “Auto Bot” / “NAME” due to limitations.

It tried it on the app already, it worked fine when I had the readers first type in the name they want to use, but I need to know how to keep that name going throughout the story. Like as if another character asks the MC for her full or last name. In my story I have the readers type in a last name for the MC. In another scene I have another character introduce her, but when he did that it shows this:
This is Kalyesha NAME in the app. Not the name that the readers type in. So how do I get that exact name that the readers type in to stay throughout the whole story.