Typing text effect?

Is there any text effect that makes it look like the person is typing it out as the reader reads it?
I don’t really know another way to explain it. I want it to show up on screen letter for letter like you’re typing.

2 Likes

I don’t know!! I wanna know too!!

o I think that that isn’t a text effect but rather overlays

1 Like

no I don’t think so… I think you have to use overlays to do that. I wish there was though!

2 Likes

I don’t why. But it doesn’t feel like an overlay thing. To me.

1 Like

How would I make something like that into an overlay? I have to make every letter appear as separate overlays?

1 Like

I feel like @Kayla.Episode is right, I feel like it is a text effect but maybe not. :joy:

1 Like

Yes, and then make then appear one by one.

1 Like

If it is overlays, that’s a stupid amount of work to do to make that happen! :rofl:

2 Likes

When we figure this out I will use it in my story!

you need a lot of overlays for example you want to show someone writing the word Apple
then you need these overlays
A
Ap
App
Appl
Apple

and you need to animate it

1 Like

Yep!

Oh wow.

1 Like

Yeahhhh way too much work for a typing effect lol. Thank you all!

2 Likes

Is anyone familiar with doing this type of overlay? Would someone be willing to make the script for me?

1 Like

I am not. Sorry.

1 Like

You would just place all the overlays onscreen, and set their opacities to 0. Then slowly set the opacities to 1 in a time frame.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.