Unable to parse error

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or something went wrong with my script, but I got a random error out of nowhere. I was able to save just fine and then I wrote another scene of my script, that’s when I got the error. I tried deleting the most recent part of the script and save it, but it still didn’t work. I searched on the forum but it seems like no one got this specific error. This is what the error says:
error ss

Please help, it won’t let me save at all.

1 Like

I get this error a lot, but I just ignore it and click “save” again… then it saves. Is that not the case for you?!

1 Like

Nope. Every time I click on save it gives me this error. I managed to fix it. I just copied my script in notepad and then I closed my tab. I did have to log back into my account for some reason, but it works now. It was weird tho.

1 Like

It’s weird that it wouldn’t let you save it, though. Could be something to do with your browser causing it to glitch more. What browser are you using?!

I’m using google chrome, though I’m not sure this is the problem since I’ve always used it and this is the first time ever that I got this error

I’m thinking it could’ve been a “session expired” sort of thing because I’ve had the tab with my script opened for 2 days straight, but I really don’t know, I’m not really good with these things.

Hey I would suggest copying and pasting your script on a Google doc then delete it from portal, hit save then paste everything back on it and see if that will work .

1 Like

Yeah, I use google chrome and never had that issue either. :thinking:
But I tend to use the incognito window… that way it doesn’t save all the history which can sometimes cause laptops to crash.

1 Like

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks, I’ll try doing that as well!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve tried saving it in notepad and it worked but I’ll totally use google docs from now on.

1 Like

Ok cool , I get that error a lot it’s mainly after u reach 8,000 lines from my experience.

1 Like

Also, do you have a laptop cleaner?! Such as CCleaner?! If not, I’d suggest downloading one [but only from trusted sites, of course] as these are good for cleaning up anything in the background [and trust me, there’s usually a lot of background processes] that tend to slow laptops down and/or cause them to crash.

1 Like

I have no idea what a laptop cleaner is, but I’ll look into it, thanks a lot! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

I only have 800 lines in my script, and usually the 8k lines error is different since I got that one before as well.

1 Like

I get it sometimes, even if there aren’t that many lines. I just hit the save button a second time and it clears up.

The way I usually fix it is copy the script, refresh and select all, erase and paste my script back into it and save.

Have you tried on a different browser? Or checked that your internet signal/service is good?

2 Likes