Unable to Parse!

Ugghgh, I really didn’t want to have to make a topic because I know this has been asked and answered before, but I’ve been unable to save my script for a whole week now so maybe it’s something new? I’m getting the godforsaken:

“Unable to parse!
Backup your script.
If you chapter is 8k+ lines it may be too large to save.
Try reducing the length of your chapter
(error: Internal Server Error)”

I’ve tried saving my script and reloading the web page (daily), using different WiFi connections, switching browsers, loading my script in incognito mode, turning on and off my VPN, and even switching laptops but to no avail. I have approx 3000 lines of code right now, and the only thing that has worked is cutting my script in half. But as soon as I go one line over that, I get the error again. Please help :sob:

4 Likes

Try reducing the lines!!

Or cutting and adding Some scenes to next chapter :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I have 9k lines in one chapter and it seems to work for me…try opening it in a different tab?

1 Like

Nooooo :’(( I’ve seen others have 10,000+ line chapters and their script save fine. I’m hoping it won’t come to that as my chapter’s only about four minutes to play through right now. But if you mean combining commands and stuff, I’ll try that, thank you!

3 Likes

Yup :grinning: that’s what I meant :smiley:

1 Like

Thats weird I do way more than that and it’s fine try leaving it open and opening it on another tab to see if it’s saved and is just being weird

3 Likes

if that still doesnt wont you could try copy and pasting the code into a word doc for example, then close the tab and re open it and re paste the code :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

That may not have made sense :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No dice, but I’ll try again in a few minutes and see. Ty both!

It makes sense! I’ve tried this a few times each day over the past week, but I get the same error every time. I’ll try cutting down on lines for now, but if anyone knows any other methods to solve this error, do tell!

4 Likes

That did not work sadly, but I am down about 700 lines so yay for being organized :?
Still open to suggestions though I’m gonna go make breakfast. Ty to everyone who has tried to help thus far. I also submitted a ticket.

2 Likes

Try copying the story and doing the same story as a new story

2 Likes

I got this glitch usually when the wifi connection is down, or when the portal logged me out from my account. You can check if your account is being logged out by opening a new tab, then you just sign back in.

3 Likes

Ah I’ve faced this multiple times. Usually, changing the internet connection fixes it and allows me to save. Or disconnecting and connecting again works, too.
You could close any other open tabs that could be consuming data.

3 Likes

Still signed in! I don’t think the portals have logged me out before, but noted in case it happens again in the future

Just tried this again, and I’m still getting the error; but I’ll try closing my other tabs now, ty!

If my request ticket doesn’t come back with a fix, this might be my last attempt :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh :sweat_smile: well try everything they said but if you didn’t then I guess my option works I guess :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey this happened to me hit the save button before you hit save and preiview. Hit save refresh your page then it save and preview.

1 Like

Sadly, I get this error when pressing either.

How many lines are in ur story rn? Also is that ur only error?

After combining commands, I’m down to 2700; and yes, in terms of script errors, there were none before I saved/could save.

Hold on im going to PM you.

1 Like