Unable to update any of my stories

Hello Fellow Episode Community.
Sylvia Eve hear with a troubling dilemma. I’ve been trying to update my stories since December 12th but haven’t been able too. Let me explain. So I click on update, click on the new chapter I was to update (wanted to add early access as well), click the check box and then the update button. I get the loading pinwheel besides it and then nothing. At first I thought it was just with one story but now this problem is with all my episode stories. I’ve contacted episode with a support ticket and tried their tricks such as trying a new browser, restarting computer, signing out of account completely and back in, turning off add blockers, etc. I have attached screenshots with this as well and I’ll hopefully update you all with the solution to this problem once I have found one. But, I am curious, has anyone else had this issue or just me? Feeling uninspired to write also because of this issue. I’ve been apart of this episode community for 5 years and would hate to restart all of my hard work if the problem is unfixable.

2 Likes

Are you trying to publish episode four? If so, I’ve checked on the app, and four episodes are available.

I’m trying to publish episode 5. I posted the screenshot in the next comment.

1 Like

1 Like

Okay, I suppose the best you can do it wait for them to get back to you. You’re sure there’s no error in episode 5?

1 Like

You said you’d tried everything, so I don’t know what else to suggest. :sweat_smile:
It’s probably just a glitch with early access, I’m sure they’ll fix it. I don’t use the early access, so I don’t know if it’s just you or not unfortunately. Sorry!

1 Like

Yes, positive I double checked for certain.

1 Like

It is even without early access as my other stories (including LDR: Light of the Moon) don’t have early access. I was going to add it for LDR: Light of the Moon only but it won’t even let me just do a regular update.

1 Like

Oh, that’s weird. And since December 12th? I saw a story update on the 25th, so maybe it’s just on yours. Hopefully, the episode team get back to you soon about that and fix it. I’m sure it won’t be like this for long, your hard work won’t go to waste!

1 Like

i am facing the same problem with publish button. even after so many tries, nothing happened… it was my first story i was going to release two days ago but this issue occured from no where. i submitted the ticket and tried their tricks but all failed. i don’t know what to say. you’re not the only who is facing this :raised_hands:

1 Like

Okay good to know I am not alone. I’m sorry your facing this problem with your very first story. I wish you luck and I’ll keep ya posted if any trick helps.

I swear I remember seeing it somewhere but I can’t find the topic or reply anymore where someone said they couldn’t update their story but they found a fix by accessing the story through the “story settings” which can be located after pressing your avatar and “account settings” on the top right and pressing publish from there.
I have no idea if that will work for you or not, but I wish you luck!

1 Like

That worked, thankyou so much :heart::sparkles:

2 Likes

It didn’t work for me.

Damn, what a pity. I’m sorry. :confused:

1 Like

Help. :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:
Ayuda estoy en la misma situación el portal no me deja publicar queda cargando es lo mismo que la joven que publicó. Quiero una solución pronto , gracias de antemano.

También quiero decir que no se como pedir ayuda a suport. Si alguien sabe como se corrige el problema se lo agradeceria mucho.

1 Like

(Primero, lo siento de antemano si mi español no es perfecto. :sweat_smile:)

Desfortunadamente, no piense que podamos hacer mucho. ¿Has intentado reiniciar tu portátil? Si no funciona, se debe enviar un ticket a episode y espero que lo arreglen.

1 Like

Hello, thank you very much for helping me, your Spanish is good, :v:t3: :grinning: I was able to submit a support ticket, I did everything they told me to use the Edge or Firefox browser. So far it hasn’t worked for me, I’m sad because I don’t want my story to be removed from the top trailer. They have been there for a long time and I wanted to keep it there for a long time. Now all my stories have the same problem and I don’t want that to fail. I’m happy to have some people following it and reading it. I hope they solve my problem soon I love writing and I love this platform.

Hola, muchas gracias por ayudarme, tu español es bueno, pude enviar un ticket de soporte, hice todo lo que me dijeron para usar el navegador Edge o Firefox. Hasta ahora no me ha funcionado, estoy triste porque no quiero que mi historia sea eliminada de del top tráiler. Hace mucho tiempo han estado ahi y queria mantenerla allí durante mucho tiempo. Ahora todas mis historias tienen el mismo problema y no quiero que eso falle. Estoy feliz de tener algunas personas que lo siguen y lo leen. Espero que resuelvan mi problema pronto me encanta escribir y me encanta esta plataforma.

1 Like

No problem, and thank you haha.

All I can say now is, don’t give up on your stories because of this glitch. It will be fixed, and I’m sure your readers would understand if you take a little longer to update because of it. (:

1 Like

Hello, I hope this will help other writers who have the same problem as me, try everything, look for other explorers, report it with support, close the session, I did what they told me, and it turns out that the problem I saw was that I have the habit of zooming in on the episode portal when restoring it from the factory to the correct zoom, it was resolved and I was able to publish, what happens is that the print is small for me and I have some bad eyesight, I had to wait a full day and in a row looking for a solution, it turns out that the button to publish needs its original size, espero esto les sirva no soy buena escribiendo idioma inglés. Pero si tienen el mismo problema espero este post sea útil. Gracias a todos ustedes por contestarme mis preguntas. :grinning: :v:t3:

2 Likes