Underatted authors

Hey Hannah, I realise that some of the comments sound harsh but I don’t think anyone here is actively bullying you. @ShanniiWrites is blunt, but her comments are well-intentioned. She’s just trying to point out that what you’re attempting to do isn’t really going to do all that much and that there are several other ways that you can support small authors if that’s your goal.

Shannii has already mentioned that she has a website. You could suggest some stories for her to read there.
Whenever you see authors on IG asking for story recommendations, rather than just recommending your own (presuming that they said self-promo is fine), you could also recommend a couple other stories by “small” authors. I often ask for recommendations on IG and the Episode Feed for stories under 2k (and naturally, get back dozens of recommendations for stories like The New Girl lol). I’ve seen you recommend your own story to me, but you could also recommend some other stories that you think deserve the spotlight.
@Amberose only recommends stories with <5k reads in her profile. I actively stalk her to find stories to read lol. If you have some suggestions (not just your own stories), maybe she’d like to hear them.

Check out and support these threads (there are probably way more):

Also, no one is picking on you because of your disabilities so I’m not sure why you’d bring that up? We’re all talking to you the way we’d talk to anyone. We’re treating you equally, unless you want to be treated differently because of your disabilities?

9 Likes