Understanding Feminism

Just make her strong willed and independent! She doesn’t have to live by the gender rules and she speaks her mind! Or at least have her timid at first with visions of herself being this strong feminist woman… and in the end build her confidence to where she is that woman!

2 Likes

That’s fourth-wave feminism, which is sexist towards both men and women.

4 Likes

Well, if we’re talking about that, that is what I’d call “classic” feminism.

But, it’s part of the feminism idea.

well no because men can be feminist too… it’s about equal rights

7 Likes

No. That’s misandry. When the feminist movement was created, it was about achieving equality with men. I totally understand what you’e saying though, and Hollywood and the #metoo movement screwed up everything.

3 Likes

You’re right about that.

2 Likes

This is true.

3 Likes

Women don’t need to act like men to be a feminist it’s being secure in who you are and believing everyone deserves to be treated the way you want to be treated! :grin::sparkles::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

HOW did the MeToo movement screw things up???

3 Likes

It’s pushing the idea that men are perpetrators and women are helpless victims. It happens but that’s not necessarily true

5 Likes

Well no because both Brendan Fraser and Terry Crews are apart of the MeToo movement but no one hears about they and they get brushed off

3 Likes

Understandable, but I thought it was also positive because people in Hollywood (particularly men) have been getting away with actual crimes for years, even decades. It also pissed me off they were crediting white actresses for bringing it to light even though Tarana Burke founded the movement nearly 11 years before. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Exactly, and two of the “leaders” may have committed sexual violence, but it gets brushed off.

1 Like

This. And if you look at the movement, it’s only now that people of color are coming out with their experiences of sexual violence. I don’t wanna join it because I’d rather be labelled as a survivor than a victim.

2 Likes

completely untrue and dangerous view

8 Likes

I agree. That was never the intentions of feminism.

8 Likes

What?..What?

4 Likes

I disagree. There are many different forms of feminism. Some are militant. Some aren’t. It’s not like all feminists need to look and act the same :blush:

4 Likes

Feminism in a nutshell. :heart:

7 Likes