Understanding Feminism

Feminists aren’t a monolith. We all believe in different things and express our feminism in different ways :blush: some people think you have to be a vegan to be a feminist. Some exclude trans women. There are always going to be unreasonable people in each group! :confused:

7 Likes

That’s incredibly offensive and a terrible mindset to have. Although men are stronger than us in some degrees, so are women. Although I don’t agree with Feminism, I’m not gonna deny the fact that REAL feminists are silenced by ones that claim to be so and spread a true messages of the movement. The point is that US WOMEN can be equally strong and stronger than men in some situations, just like men are stronger than us in some. We don’t want to be more powerful, WE ALREADY ARE POWERFUL!

While a man teaches an individual, a woman teaches a nation.—And that’s a fact.

8 Likes

Feminism was used to be an idea that woman should get the same rights as men had.

Now it is screwed up ideology, that wants to get women more powerful. Most of the popular feminists are radicals, and I will never ever support them. They support some shitty non-sense and biased concepts, instead of supporting women, that are actually oppressed, in some specific countries, and I hope u know which ones I mean.

8 Likes

Depends on what kind of feminism you’re talking about. Theres 1st wave, 2nd wave, and 3rd wave. The third one being the most distinct out of all them, so the opinions will vary.

7 Likes

Exactly…

3 Likes

Check out the evils of Linda Sarsour, and you’ll know what feminism is about in the west.

Feminism without context is a very good thing. A great thing. Especially if you’re a woman. On the surface, it is “equality for the sexes” that’s cool, right? The only place feminism is truly needed is everywhere but the western world.

If you want a feminist character, her activism will only make a difference in places feminism is needed. Like the Middle East and many other parts of Asia and Africa. Otherwise, she’ll just irritate the most reasonable people around her, realistically.

Someone up there said “don’t say she’s a feminist, tell it” definitely do that. Very good advice.

2 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

Now this I strongly disagree with. People are not equal in the west. Sure, things have gotten much better, but things are not equal imo. I still think that feminism is very much needed. Especially if you add on an intersectional perspective because poc, minorities, lgbtq+ etc are still being discriminated against at much higher levels.

1 Like

Who?

nevermind. I misunderstood. Just an evil being. Check her speeches.

1 Like

She’s Arab-American… One of those toxic “Muslim women”. Ugh, she makes my religion look bad.

2 Likes

She makes humans look bad tbh X_X

1 Like

She makes feminists look bad! And I’ve never supported “Women’s March”. A bunch of racists

3 Likes

Universe may bless you.

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

1 Like

Like they say God Bless You. I don’t believe in god, so I say Universe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh. You’re atheist.

1 Like

I agree with you :slight_smile:

Okay :slight_smile:

I’ve never supported one either because I disagree with the whole feminism thing🤷🏽‍♀️