Unexpected sequence PLEASE HELP!

unexpected sequence: you cannot use a director command (starting with @) here.

^ This is what im getting, im trying to make an clothes option. But it keeps saying this PLEASE HELP!!!

On lines 34 and 40 you are missing your open bracket ({).

do I need to put { infront of “casual 2” and “leather jacket” so that it looks like…

Put the closed bracket directly before the quoted word and the open bracket directly after the quoted words.

ie:
choice
“Casual and Comfy”{
#Your code.
}“Casual 2”{
#Your code.
}“Leather Jacket”{
#Your code.
}

ok so ive fixed that but still saying…

Place the brackets exactly as I have in the example. You need to have an closed bracket before and an open bracket after each choice. (With the exception that there is no closed bracket before the first choice option.)

Example:
choice
“Casual and Comfy”{
#Your code.
}“Casual 2”{
#Your code.
}“Leather Jacket”{
#Your code.
}

1 Like

Thankyou soooooo much it worked!!!

1 Like

wait… shes not changing into the right clothes HAHHAH ohhhhh goddd

You have her changing into the same clothes for choice option 2 and 3.

ohhh THANKYOU

do u know how the reader creates the character at the start like customises them how do I do that so they can edit her???

You have to add a customization template to your script to allow the reader to customize. Once the reader customizes the character the character will stay customized through all chapters unless you change the character (by changing it in the script or in the code).

yea idk how to do that HAHAHA

Just pick the template you need and replace the character name with your character’s name. Because of the new feature, you should just be able to use the missing character thing to correct the current name to your character’s name.

Thanks

Hello @taylatkh! This is Camelost, and we welcome you to the Episode Forum! Please take a minute to check out our Forum Tutorial and make sure you create topics in the correct categories! Thank you :sunglasses:

Can you help me?..? I have a problem sorta similar

Can you post your script or take a screenshot?

i also have the same problem

1 Like