Unfairness of tappable overlays

Don’t ya think it’s unfair that some people get to test it while others don’t? It’s exactly what I need for the Halloween contest. Yet I’m left with choices instead of overlays.

1 Like

Many people are already using it in their stories. :expressionless:

Can you please explain what you mean by this? I haven’t heard of it.

Check out @cherrymaxis’ instagram post, the second one

I’m gonna email Episode i’m legit writing Until Dawn, like I need them??? Lmao

Yes! It’s so unfair that they only choose known authors! :angry:

Ok. I’ll check it out later. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

They recommend that you don’t publish, though, since there could be a lot of changes.
And there are plenty of “unknown” authors in the test.

3 Likes

But how do they find these authors?

I DM’d you but it seems to me that a lot of them were in previous beta tests. I started doing beta tests from the wardrobe one last year and that was an open call.

3 Likes

Since I don’t have IG, can you explain what a tappable overlay is?

You basically have the ability to tap on overlays, good for murder mystery stories. :+1:t2:

Oh cool. So like you could tap something to gain clues in mystery stories?

I didn’t even know this was a thing. But it sounds very cool and I can’t wait until it gets released.

1 Like

Oh ok, that also sounds cool

I REALLY NEED THESE TAPPABLE OVERLAYS FOR MY STORY!!! Like REALLY!

It’s not really unfair. Episode has run a test of every new feature they’ve introduced in order to make sure it works. It’s being tested because it’s buggy, not to give certain authors preferential treatment. A lot of these new features also require a pretty advanced knowledge of directing so giving access to new authors doesn’t make a ton of sense. If the beta works, everyone will get it.

6 Likes

Ok but you’re kinda late to the party. I have them now, and they are certainly not hard to code. So no idea why they didn’t open a form and accepted people.:smiley:

1 Like

Wait, you have them? HOWWWWW?

1 Like

I sold my soul to devil