Unique Story Recommendations?

I need helping finding a story that either…

• Doesn’t involve romance or bad boys.
  • Is unique plot or aesthetic wise.
  • Isn’t filled with cliches and sex.

If you have or know a story that matches any of these rules, please recommend it to me! Ya girl need soem good stories during quarantine lmao!

5 Likes

Title: Magicka: Ethereal
Genre: Fantasy
LL: no one at least not in season 1 and there will only be one guy and no one else
Art scenes: Yes Optinal to watch
CC: Full.
Choices: yes
Mini-games: YES YES YES!!!
Grammar: amazing thanks to @MissHaze
Description: walking back to college from work you find an unconscious man, while waiting for an ambulance a magic creature hides in your backpack, but other people are looking for that creature too. people who are not human but something more magical. but are you trusting the right people.

link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4693661906698240

2 Likes

Oh that sounds dope!

1 Like

Here are two that fits your standards.

• By The Book by Amberose
  • Welcome to the Amazon Forest By XxAlphaBetaxX
5 Likes

Hi there, self promo here! :wave:t2: I have two stories you may be interested in! There’s nothing cliche about either of them and the only story with some romance is the mid-end of MSP, but that’s not at all the story’s focal point. I have listed the genre of my stories as well as some other features that may peak your interest. I hope you’ll give them a shot if they intrigue you :blush:

Title Magicka: Within Her Soul
Author KylieJay
Genre Fantasy w/ drama, action, adventure
Features 3 episodes, full CC, some choices matter, advanced directing, overlays
Just when she’s reached her breaking point, Lucy stumbles across a world on the brink of war and everyone expects her to save them. Can she restore peace on Charkana and within herself?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5867673552224256

I’ve gotten lots of great reviews for this story on my directing as well as story telling.

Title My Secret Profession
Author KylieJay
Genre Drama w/ mystery, action, romance
Features Ink, 9 ep - complete at 10, multiple endings, advanced directing
Raelynn’s life spirals when a tragic accident leaves her and her brother orphans. Little does she know that the accident was planned because of a 30 year old grudge…and she’s next.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6587776301268992

This story features some pretty insane, mind blowing plot twists as secrets from years ago are revealed.

1 Like

The Shadows by Cece Marie
The Deathless by Alvar M
One Big Happy by LG
No Mercy by BoneAmi

Also, there is a bit of romance?? Or like a love interest but his role in the story far exceeds being a love interest in Thick as Thieves by Spiegel, which if you haven’t read it yet is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Agreed x2000

I dunno. I know of more stories where you have the option to just not romance anyone, but I’m not sure if that’s what you’re looking for.

3 Likes

Hello!

There are a lot of great stories that fit all those criteria! - like many of the Magicka entries (including the ones written by @line123462 and @KylieJay as they have self-promoted here) if you’re into fantasy.

You can check out my Magicka recommendation thread on here if you want (It’s called Magicka Recommendations Part 1). None of the ones I’ve read so far have cliches, sex or bad boys - though some are romance-heavy (but not in a bad cliche way! They’re pretty gradual and well-developed :blush:)

A few of my favourite non-Magicka stories would be:

• The Laboratory by @clara_b - this is a sci-fi mystery that I really loved reading. It really deserves a lot more reads than it already has :heart:

• The Curse of Charlie by Sarah Kieser (can’t find her forum username…) - this one is Drama with some Fantasy elements. Basically Charlie - the MC in here - was an selfish and entitled spoiled brat who needed a witch to curse her to see the error in her ways. Hence the description I gave you, Charlie the MC has to go through a lot of character development and she really does! :sweat_smile:

• K&T: Lexington by Melanie aka melo.episode on IG (can’t find her forum username) - This is an entry for the previous K&T contest and it’s really good! It is very different and it’s not as romance-heavy as the other K&T entries - and a bonus - it’s historical fiction! (we really need more historical fictions on Episode - I’m telling ya). In fact, you can choose not to be with the love interest if you wish :grin:

But as much as I love to support other authors, I would like to self-promote too! :grin:

Title: Magicka: The Trials of Fate
Description: When Dahlia and her fiance sought a witch who predicts the future of couples, she didn’t expect to find her answers in a test of illusions. Will Dahlia finally choose her own destiny?
IG: wrishi.episode
Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6068642274017280
Cover:

Although my entry has magic and a plot stemmed from romantic elements, this is more about the MC finding herself and discovering which path in life she wants to take - the love interests are merely just symbols of these paths - you don’t have to date either of them if you don’t want to :grin:

Sorry for the super-long reply - there are just so many amazing stories that deserve to be noticed! :heart:

3 Likes

Lmao I read a ton of those!

1 Like

I’ve cut my recommendation reply down this time. I guess I was rambling too much before :grin:

1 Like

@chamoybebe
Mine is like an action one.
Magicka: Forbidden Wasteland

By Nettie

There’s sneak peeks on my Instagram page if you want a glimpse of the story: @Nettie_episode

3 Likes

The Wall by J. Miley
Detenu by J. Miley
Silence by J. Miley
Shroud by Dina D Quixote
The Shadows by CeCe Marie
Watch Me Fly by CeCe Marie
No Mercy by Bone Ami
Magicka: Sanguinary by Mona K.
The Divided by C. P. Close

2 Likes

Hey. My story does include romance but there’s no “sex scenes” or things that imply that. lol.
The beginning chapters aren’t the best since I wrote them a long time ago, but they do get progressively more advanced and better written as the plot goes on. There are 48 chapter out and will be a total of 50.

Title: Relentless

Description: Leah and Xavier were abandoned on The Island as babies. Together, they try to figure out why. Along the away, they discover even more than they ever could have anticipated.

Genre: adventure, drama, romance, some action too. lol.

(The chapters do get longer. I wrote the beginning chapters a while ago, so the editing gets better later.)

Instagram: gabi.episode

2 Likes

Mark of the Beast by Oreo Biscuit: so underrated, and very unique

4 Likes

@chamoybebe My story would be perfect for you :wink:
Title: Clue: The devil is in the details
Author: Bernice J
Genre: Mystery
*My story has a male MC, meaningful choices and minigames
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6407022585380864

2 Likes

Thank you for doing this. All rules are applied in my story.
You can read my story :blush::heart:
Author: AnjitaD
Title: Magicka : Master of elements
Episodes: 3(more coming soon)
Description: Will you and your friends able to save the world from darkness as you uncover secrets back 500 years ago ? ( MC: F, time choices points system, adventure, fantasy, mystery and action )
Style: Limelight
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5576198820528128

1 Like

Hey ya! I think that fits your needs! It has only tiny bit of romance so i think that it wont be a problem! I hope you read it and have good time doing so!

Story Name: Necromancers
Summary:
This story is about two siblings who are born as necromancers. Necromancers are people dealing with the dead by using magic. They fight demons and other evil creature so as to maintain peace in the world. They have a life of training but everything starts to turn upside down right after their mother’s death. Unknown things become known. Evil creatures are starting to take over. It’s up to them to handle it this time and they dont know if they are ready for it. Yet they too have personal lives since they are being hunted down by someone and they are in hiding. The one mistake in their past does this all. Will they be able to figure it out and fight the storm that’s coming towards them. Read to find out.
Cover:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6044116347322368
Instagram: @epi.enchantress

1 Like

Some of Magicka Contest Entries fit your description, you can find some here

Magicka Stories’ Thoughts

Also, if you want you can give my story a try, it is about an assassin. I would like to hear on thoughts on a PM if you read it.

Secrets from Hell by WNVT

1 Like

Thank you so much! That’s really nice of you :kissing_smiling_eyes::heart::heart: Good luck in the contest!
(edit: I think you edited your comment but I still read your recommendation in my email so thank you still hahah😆)

As for the answer to the OP’s question, I strongly recommend to give „Cafe Paradox” by MorningStar a read, it’s my favorite story on the app with an amazing, unique plot!

2 Likes

My story matches with all your rules
Feel free to check out mine:
Story Name: DIAMOND’S KEEPER
Author: Tulipsode
Genre: Adventure
Style: Limelight
Episodes: 3 (episode 4 is out between today or tomorrow)
Description: Far away in the universe, there is the diamond planet, where the king is hungry for power, will you be able to stop him? (Male MC, CC, Choices matter, LGBT+ option)
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5546434510389248
Story Cover:

1 Like

Male MC; LGBTQ+
DESCRIPTION: Step into the shoes of a teenage boy and try to find your own voice in lyrical opera, friendship, love and family…
No sex, no cliches.
No bad boys nor mean girls!

3 Likes