Unlikeable Protagonist

Hey everyone! I decided to discuss this topic because I started reading this story called Love Lust & Lies and I can’t stand the MC. I’ve read plenty of stories where it seems like authors want the readers to sympathize with the MC even though their in the wrong. Are there any MC you dislike? Let me know down below. Here is my list.

Callie (Chain Reaction)
Aileen( Rockstar Roommate)
Bella (Tangled Love)
MC ( Her Innocence)

9 Likes

Zezzy (Zezzy takes on the world)
MC (Pitch Perfect)

I’ll remember the other ones soon, but it happens a lot with me LOL

6 Likes

Also Abigail from ‘‘taste the darkness’’ by miss MJ. I just can’t stand her :see_no_evil:.

3 Likes

Agree with the MC from pitch perfect. I actually found it a little disturbing that it seemed like it was okay to just open up a shower curtain with someone behind it, because they wanted to see who was singing…basically sexual harassment.

12 Likes

The MC from College-Ish… for obvious reasons :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

The Kiss List MC is just yikes in every possible way :joy:

15 Likes

This comment alone makes me want to read that now, just to see what they’re like :rofl:

2 Likes

I need attention!!! Let me just push someone over on my first day and pretend to be interested in 5 guys over a school toilet.

6 Likes

Chanel from Breaking Law
Lumeria from Prince of Arcadia

They’re such Mary-Sues it’s so annoying

5 Likes

I don’t really like Lumeria either. I also can’t stand Aileen & Cam (Rockstar Roommate). She was in a relationship with her sister’s ex (Cam) and acted like she was just supposed to let it go. Then after her and Cam broke up, they get back together while Cam was dating her roommate. I also dislike how the story tried to paint the roommate as a villain when in reality, she had every right to be upset.

5 Likes

Callie(Chain Reaction) is so boring and just plain dumb. She always depends on her gang leader of a boyfriend and never thinks or does anything for herself. She’s one of the weakest protagonist.

13 Likes

I had to stop reading Tangled Love because of Bella.
Callie drove me insane as well, but I still read the entire CR series. I also disliked Sierra (Sienna?) from It’s Just an Illusion and I stopped reading that series because of her lol. Only female protagonist I’ve somewhat liked from the Miss MJ stories I’ve read is Alex from CR3.

5 Likes

I can’t stand Bella. As for the Chain Reaction series, I didn’t continue the whole series because I’m not particularly fond of MissMj’s stories. I’m not a huge fan of Mafia’s and Bad boys. I find those specific plots overrated.

11 Likes

I don’t hate protagonists so much as the love interests. The LI in “It Starts With A Bra” is my least favorite.

13 Likes

the MC from stripped is really annoying

4 Likes

I cannot list any specific stories right now, but it gets extremely tiring when the MC is a self-insert yet every choice you make is insignificant to the plot or completely ignored. Why give me the option of choices just so you can make the character do whatever they want anyways?

7 Likes

I understand. There’s no point in doing that because it makes absolutely no sense.

2 Likes

The mc from Loco Amor

1 Like

I think a lot of the MC’s from the official episode stories automatically becomes unlikable because of the diamond options.

For example: Your best friend is laying in the hospital in desperate need of blood and you don’t have enough diamonds to choose the “give blood option”.
So when the nurse asks if you want to save your friend, you suddenly answer: ”I don’t feel like doing that today”.

Like what? :joy:
It just makes the MC so insanely unlikable.

6 Likes

if you dont mind me asking why dyu hate bella sm :sob: