Unpopular opinion: I actually like Mafia stories 🤭

I don’t know who needs to hear this, but if the mafia boss is your LI, it’s glorified. The fact that so many people just care about these stories for the “romance” shows just how glorified it is, and honestly, it’s really disturbing. I love seeing people saying “I know it’s unrealistic, and I would never want to be in a situation like that. I don’t want that to be my reality”. Guess what? It’s so many people’s actual reality which you choose to romanticize for the sake of your story. People’s suffering isn’t your entertainment, so stop acting like it is.

If you’re portraying it correctly, this has nothing to do with you. Although, if it’s not 110% clear how the relationship is abusive, and how disgusting the mafia is, it’s still being glorified no matter what your intentions are. If the main focus is the toxic relationship rather than the mafia, I still feel it would be inappropriate considering how the mafia would just be thrown in there. Don’t take other’s pain in vain.

This is literally the minority of episode lol. Look at the trending section and see how many mafia stories there are. Mafia stories aren’t oppressed nor are the prejudiced against. Saying to not glorify the mafia shouldn’t offend anyone, and if it did, I don’t know what to tell you.

You don’t speak for all of the impressionable audience, what might not affect you can always affect someone else :heart_eyes_cat:

Let’s not put that pressure on 12 year old’s when we could be putting it on adults who decide to write these sick fantasies on a children’s app.

I would read a mafia story where it’s actually portrayed as disgusting, but you and I both know there’s none of that on the app.

Your “story” is someone else’s reality that can’t be escaped which you chose to romanticize for the sake of escaping your’s.

I’ll put it as simply as I can:

• If the LI is some type of mafia boss who “changes for the MC”, it’s being glorified.
  • If the mafia is not being showed as completely disgusting and abusive, it’s being glorified.
  • If it wasn’t you intention to glorify is but someone calls your abusive LI “hot”, it’s still being glorified.
    The only time it’s not being glorified is if it’s portraying it correctly and showing how much it affected Italy, and is still affecting Italy today.

Edit: But since so many of you are claiming to know stories where the mafia isn’t being romanticized, feel free to tell me their name. I’m really curious.

13 Likes