Unpopular opinion: spotlight it’s trash

Thank you!

1 Like

I like spotlight but cimetric is better

Spotlight can work for story are telling back the story
Choices: Stories U play is one of the kind that work with this style.

2 Likes

I actually really like spotlight. I’ve been on many interactive/visual storytelling apps and I’ve seen that format used many times. I also feel like it’s easier to maneuver for people who aren’t that good at directing using full body/cinematic.

1 Like

I think Spotlight can be really effective, depending on the method of storytelling. In my opinion, the style mostly suits stories featuring deeply descriptive writing, or stories with a “visual novel” format. Two great examples of these are, respectively, Spotlight: Sherlock in Love by Kay Elle and Telvoikai by Corvaena.

7 Likes

Slightly off topic but I’m so grateful to you for mentioning Telvoikai - my Spotlight loving heart is honestly weeping with joy. I’ve never seen that kind of directing on Episode before. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

The directing is nothing like I’ve ever seen (not to mention, the plot and characters are just as enjoyable).

1 Like

I know you guys ‘hate’ it. Just please stop using does. Think about how much effort is put in by the game designer, working on more style features. How do you think they would feel if the style they worked on to make long time episodians happy, so people can say they hate it.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s trash but I dislike it. But it makes episode boring. There are other stories which are spotlight, and only 2 that I’ve seen, that have the full body. It makes episode the same as others which dosen’t make it stand out for more people. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Same. Nothing interesting

1 Like