Unpopular Opinions: Episode Edition! šŸ’«

I have no idea if this is already an existing topic, as far as Iā€™m concerned the only ā€œUnpopular Threadā€ relating to Episode Iā€™ve seen created is about Episode Stories. :sweat_smile:

Skin Tones

These skin tones arenā€™t appreciated enough! Episode did such a good job with the dark ash skin tones, I wish they were used more often.

Facial Features

Iā€™m not a huge fan of this face shape & mouth shapeā€¦I just donā€™t really get the appeal to them. Itā€™s used so often I just :flushed:

This nose isnā€™t appreciated enough! Iā€™m honestly guilty of it too, but itā€™s such a gorgeous feature. The nose shape & shading is incredible IMO!

"Limelight Boys VS Ink Boys

VS

Limelight boys are a LOT cuter than INK boys IMO! Although, with the INK flirt animations I can say they appeal to me a lot more.

Hairstyles

I canā€™t bring myself to liking either of these hairstyles, especially the afro. Those weird fly-aways are a big no no.

It Starts With A Bra & My Everything(In My Bed)

Donā€™t hate me butā€¦I honestly liked these stories. Maybe itā€™s because of the satirical aspects because I literally laughed so much reading both of them. :flushed: Iā€™m ashamed to say itā€¦

Thatā€™s about all I have for now(?) Share your unpopular opinions! I wanna see them.

26 Likes

Honestly, I donā€™t really hate that whole cliche either IF itā€™s done rightā€¦Itā€™s all about the way itā€™s written. I canā€™t say I like The New Girl or Clothes Off because I couldnā€™t finish the first two episodes if I really tried to :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It really is! Itā€™s so nice and full. I donā€™t get why itā€™s not used a lot.

5 Likes

Itā€™s not the story itself that I hate about It Starts With A Bra and In My Bed, its the fact that episode featured the stories when it went against their own policies. If those stories were just random user stories it wouldnā€™t have been as controversial
(They were lowkey kind of cringy tho)

10 Likes

true but like the whole story was justā€¦badā€¦ :joy:

3 Likes

you right :joy:

Well to be fair episode doesnā€™t have anyone on thier team that Iā€™ve seen with this type of hair texture so I donā€™t expect much from them, To me it looks like the ends have been relaxed or somethingā€¦As if theyā€™re transitioning from relaxed to naturalā€¦its really weird looking I cant explain it 0-o

9 Likes

So I honestly personally do not like the diamond contour face thingā€¦itā€™s just a littleā€¦strange I guess? :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

same! the contour just messes it up for me

1 Like

I have two opinions (I hope itā€™s topic-related):

1. Well, itā€™s not that I dislike stories in Episode, but what I do dislike about stories is the fact that many authors add into chapters TMI scenes in detail. Do not get me wrong! I do not say that I have got problems with a romance genre or writing romance stories should be stopped, not at all (even though I canā€™t tell about myself that I am a romance lover), but come on, you should keep your own values.

I agree with @Mehasels at this point.
Itā€™s not like I am coming now and decide to write a story by myself to get many reads and views, and readers will come and say: ā€œyou only write the story, so youā€™ll have many story viewsā€, ā€œyou add diversity only because you want others to like youā€, and more. No. I donā€™t want to be admired nor do I want to be loved by others. What I do want? A change. I want to represent my religion and culture by writing my own story (which is not publish yet, but I hope Iā€™ll be able to do it soon), I want my religion to be represented by non-Jewish authors (only Jewish authors represent the religion), and of course I want authors to represent minorities, religion, in general.

10 Likes

By the way, about the hairstyles, I will agree with you that the afro hair you showed above looks weird, but the first hair - I do not see any problem with it, but I canā€™t say that I like it either :woman_shrugging:t4:

8 Likes

The white characters that are made with quote on quote ā€œblack featuresā€ i.e full lips, textured hair should stop being a thing. :roll_eyes:

22 Likes

Alright, so Iā€™ve seen a lot of comments like this, but I have a cousin who is like, vampire white, but just slightly tanners by like, the tiniest bit, and her hair is brown, so fluffy, textured and curly.

Iā€™m gonna sound so weird but sometimes i donā€™t like stories that have been completed before i start reading.
Lol hear me out!
I always want the stories to be completed.
But since i have many passes i always feel like i rush the stories to get to the finale.
So i prefer to read a story at itā€™s beggining so i can feel more engaged with it in a way!

4 Likes

I absolutely love the afro hairstyles

1 Like

Oml, same!!

1 Like

I know a lot of people donā€™t like the afro in the girls style because itā€™s too whatever, but I personally like that better than the short afro

1 Like

Yes
The LI in my story has afro hairstyle
I love it
Wish my hair was afro too

1 Like

You donā€™t get to control the way people look, same goes for characters. (:

2 Likes

Unpopular opinions?
Instant Princess is condescending and garbage
The Chain Reaction series is lame and drags on
TBP is the only good EO story Iā€™ve read [so far]