Unpopular Opinions!

1. I literally have no idea who half of the people getting talked about on this thread are, so I’m sort of lost on that.
  2. Character customization was a mistake in the sense that it created a lot of entitled readers who think it’s a requirement for a good story.
  3. Spiders are cool, and unless a spider in your house is both aggressive and venomous enough to cause harm (a rare combination), you don’t have to kill it.
  4. Grammatical prescriptivism is pointless and erases dialects. If you’re not in an academic or professional setting with specific writing style guidelines, go ahead and write or speak however you want. As long as we can understand you, you’re fine.
  5. Even though I agree that not liking popular things doesn’t automatically make you interesting, you should let people enjoy things outside of the “mainstream” and dislike things that happen to be popular without assuming they’re trying to be special.
  6. Puns are fun and witty, and people who claim they’re the lowest form of humor are just jealous of those of us who know how to make a good pun.
  7. Fetishizing LGBTQ+ people and their relationships makes you a creep, not an ally.
  8. Gore doesn’t necessarily make for good horror. In fact, horror is at its most effective when the creators know what to show/describe and what to leave to the imagination.
  9. Poorly-portrayed Dissociative Identity Disorder as a villain motivation isn’t just offensive; it’s boring and cliche.
  10. Electronic music isn’t inherently inferior to other forms of music. You just haven’t listened to the right electronic music.
  11. The same as #10, but replace “electronic” with “new” and “other forms of music” with “older music”.
  12. Summer is too hot for comfort. All other seasons are okay, though. (This may be because I own more jackets than shirts and I just want to be able to wear them all.)
7 Likes

agree with the summer one.

i dont get how anyone could possibly like summer with that heat. do you just go to somewhere when its 88 degrees and be like, “oh what a fantastic day!!” gym sucks and going outside sucks. the only thing good about summer is summer break, beach, and pool.

im waiting it to be cooler because where i live its practically spring weather :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

And unless you become a teacher and it actually pays enough to last you all year, the summer break part of that ends as you get older. I’m so glad I moved somewhere permanently colder. It’s been slightly warmer than freezing all week, and I love it.

2 Likes

The one about the African parents isn’t true. I KNOW THIS IS A UNPOPULAR OPINION THING, but they pretty much hit you if you do something really stupid that can get you beat.

1 Like

Thing is, sometimes you can say, like, some deep shit. And you’d be right, but they’ll hit you. Or they could make a false accusation, and hit you because you defended yourself. “For being rude”. Parents are strict, but there’s a limit.

1 Like

Yeah I know. But sometimes they apologize after hitting you when they hear you out? :thinking: Anyway, I still respect your opinion.

2 Likes

Yeah, sometimes. I agree, though.

1 Like
  • Heterophobia does exist, but it’s very very uncommon
  • Guinea pigs aren’t that cute
  • Moles (the animal) are pretty cute
2 Likes

I agree with a lot of your points, especially 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11.

Spiders are cute, whenever I find one in my house I catch it in a jar and go outside to free it instead of killing it because it just makes me feel bad lmao. If I could have a tarantula as a pet I would

I know right? I don’t really mind others disliking a popular thing (or anyone liking a popular thing) but there are times where some just dislike something only because it’s popular or want to hop on the bandwagon. Mainstream isn’t always bad

EXACTLY!! i wish more people could enjoy my cheesy puns smh

Honestly, fetishizing LGBTQ+ People is a really gross thing to do. They’re human and they’re normal just like everybody else so I don’t get it. I also don’t get how people ship artists/band members and say that they’re gay when they have no idea what are their sexualities and fetishize them. It’s uncomfortable

Don’t get me wrong, I love some good ol’ slashing blood fest but I agree. It just makes a person feel squeamish and not horrified. This applies to jump scares aswell.

Skrillex, Zedd, David Guetta and Daft Punk makes some great electronic music. Electronic music is pretty underrated tbh and do need more recognition in my opinion

Dmskdksosksoso summer is horrible I hate the weather I prefer either winter or fall I miss wearing hoodies and jackets dude

2 Likes

Shipping real people who aren’t already in a relationship with or interested in each other is so creepy. People do realize that artists are still real people, right?

I partially agree on the jump scare thing. They actually do work on me for a few seconds, but they’re also a cheap and overdone way to freak people out, effective or not. A moment of being spooked also doesn’t compare to a creeping sense of horror that stays with you after the movie or story is finished.

Re: electronic music, I personally lean in a completely different direction as far as specific artists are concerned, but overall it’s definitely underrated. I don’t think people understand that it doesn’t make itself, and creating it requires both musical creativity and programming skill. It’s not for everyone, sure, but that doesn’t make it bad. As long as you’re not hurting anyone, there’s no wrong way to make music.

3 Likes

Exactly! it’s very dehumanizing and disrespectful. They’re breathing beings, not objects for your desires smh. It baffles me how people have the audacity to comment sexually on an artist’s posts and I can imagine how disturbing it is for an artist to see it and feel uncomfortable to the point where they have no choice but to disable the comments. There are even times where an artist is in a relationship with someone they care about and then the raging fans go and start attacking the artist’s partner. Like what the actual fuck?

Yeah, I can’t remember when was the last time I watched/read something that scared me to the point where it lingered with me or made me lose some sleep. I remember when I used to read creepy pastas, they used to scare me a lot but now looking back at it it’s not that bad

I agree, it’s definitely not that easy to create music, which is why I appreciate an artist’s hard work and enjoy it. Even if it’s something I don’t listen to or favor, I would still give it a chance because who knows it might be really good. Sometimes it’s great to have a wide range in music taste and enjoy other things rather than just strictly sticking to one thing, y’know?

4 Likes

I agree with this so so much!

3 Likes

yes! I 100% agree with you chica! i spent hours arguing with two chicks on my thread about this. exact. thing. THANK YOU FOR THIS

1 Like