Unpublish Story

Hey, so I’ve been a fan of episode for forever… and I’ve decided to write my first story through mobile creation. I’m learning as I go but had a few questions. If you want to update your story but make it unreadable while you do so, how can you? Also is there a way to get more backgrounds like hospital etc besides the ones made available? And finally, I’m noticing that when I publish an episode there are glitches as a reader told me, for exsample the charecters mouth doesn’t move when talking but when I create the story the charecters mouths move just fine…Please help as I am tring to make a great story…Any help would be appreciated thanks

Moved to Directing Help & Tips, should be the best place to find the answers you’re looking for! :v:

@Mzking,

1) Locking Your Story
You don’t have to update to save your story, but if you have already published your story and decided you don’t want anyone to be able to read it you can lock your story. This is done using a naming function and an if statement.

Example:
label name_input
input What’s The Password?|What’s The Password|Done(PASSWORD)
if (PASSWORD is “mypassword”) {
NARRATOR
Access granted.
goto start_story
} else {
NARRATOR
This story is currently unavailable.
goto label name_input
}
label start_story

@Mzking,

2) Additional Backgrounds
You can get a huge variety of free backgrounds other Episode writer’s have made on Instagram. All you have to do is download them to your background catalog and credit the maker of the background somewhere in your story (as a reader message, at the beginning, or the end).
The hospital background as seen in I Married A Prince can be found on smg.episode 's Instagram.

3) Characters Not Talking
Without seeing the script, it’s hard to say what exactly is happening. My guess is not that the animation isn’t there, more that there is too much dialogue for one animation.

For Example:
CHARACTER (talk_neutral)
It’s such a nice day out. I should go swimming.
But maybe the water is too cold.

Although that is not a ton of dialogue, talk_neutral will end long before the reader probably even reads the second line. Most of the time I use one animation per line of dialogue, but you kind of have to use your best judgement.

Example:
CHARACTER (talk_neutral)
CHARACTER (talk_neutral)

OR

CHARACTER (talk_neutral)
CHARACTER (talk_think)

Let me know if my answers cleared up everything for you.

Thank you @Purple_Ghost so much for the support and encouragement. This information helped a lot. It really feels good to know that the support of the forum could help resolve my issues. Apologies for the late response, I tried to log on earlier but the forum was in read-only mode and I could not reply back. Thank you again, and if you have a story please list it so I can read it! :grinning:

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: