Update on Community Authors Gem Choices Writer Payments

Thanks for answering my question!! I’m not sure if I’d do a story with gen choices, but I wanted to know just in case…

1 Like

Yeah same, it’s interesting to know how it would all work, but I don’t think I could ever include it in my own

1 Like

Once you qualify for Writer’s Payments you are in. You don’t have to re-qualify for each additional story.

4 Likes

Thank you! That’s actually pretty great. I thought we had to start over after some time.

Yeah, I know right? :smile: I would do it if I had the time to focus only on the story, and constantly updating. Then I’d have more chances of making it into the program. But as of right now, that’s not my case :woman_shrugging:t3::no_mouth:

1 Like

yeah, can they?

1 Like

If that was to happen, they’d be paying almost every single adult author. It may take 5 years for a story to reach 100k, YouTube is also much bigger.

YouTube itself also has shows, and stuff you can buy, not to mention that there’s ads on YouTube (not the videos) as well.

2 Likes

What People could do is have a choice at the end of their story that asks Readers to click it for a donation towards the author maybe?

It could also unlock some really cool bonus content if the writer is creative enough.

Just a suggestion to stop authors putting in meaningless choices :slight_smile:

The only thing I would recommend it bumping up the 60 days. I truly don’t think it’s realistic to have 500k views in 60 days unless you have a book with like 5 million reads. Or maybe they just want to be difficult.

Or maybe add another review process for Writers program? Just like they do for Epy Library just so they can prevent cheats and crappy stories (as mention before) with shi**y gems choices or thirsty teen grabs getting into the writers’ program? Idk.

2 Likes

And the first gem choice is always free to readers, making 300 gem choices even more reasonably attainable.

I think this is your answer :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ok thanks!

What happens if I don’t get this amount of reads after 60 days? If I get it after can I qualify?

You have to meet the requirements within a 60 day period, I hope this helps :relaxed:

Well honestly, I’m not really affected by this, as I Qualified and enrolled for writers program before gem choices were an option. I qualified with the required read count of 500 000 reads in 60days: which wasn’t easy and took me 2 years to do… so I really think people shouldn’t be going on about this in such a negative light, as “Its now too hard to get I to the writers program.” I firmly believe that people should see this as an opportunity to further develop their writing/programming and marketing skills as a method to really proove that they have what it takes to earn the achievement of getting enrolled. And once you enroll, it’s not just about publishing a chapter and getting paid a royalty. This becomes a job almost… and there’s a lot of work that comes with it. If you are determined to turn writing into a career, going the extra mile shouldn’t demotivate you.

But this is just my opinion, and not intended to criticize or label anyone.

1 Like