Update: Portal Account Settings Release!

Hey Episode Creators!

After testing and making sure it was ready for the community at large, we’re releasing the Portal Account Settings to everyone! This new section of the Writer Portal will let you customize things like what stories you and your readers can see and what kind of email notifications you’ll receive.

Where can I find these new settings???

In your Writer Portal (https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write), click on your profile icon in the right corner. You’ll see there are now two links under your basic profile information: “Account Settings” and “Notifications.”

If you don’t see the “Notifications” option, don’t worry, it just means you currently don’t have any notifications to read!

vRZHQw_ShdMJCW2wENbxU2Yni7FfECpLZ0mSc0xIthQqUCB4UlLW3G5SSZ8Z2xyAyEVCctKcYjmaluUWNS9WNGjpDFUn76ETzquJo6RnUG4zsOpIm3_65ckQtcQhm__jhUdESlWf

If you click the Notifications link, you’ll be able to access any messages you’d normally get through email without leaving the Writer Portal. (Convenient? YES.)

If you click the Account Settings link, you’ll see an updated Account Settings page that includes three tabs: Account Details, Story Settings, and Email Preferences.

Account Details works just like it always has, you can update your name and bio!

Story Settings allows you to manage your Active, Archived, and Unpublished stories. From this page, you can archive any of your Active stories, if you’d like them to no longer be discoverable, but still available to current and past readers. You can also unarchive any story you’ve previously archived, and hide unpublished stories from your story list altogether!

Email Preferences is where you go to adjust which email notifications you’d like to receive, or you can opt out of them entirely. I keep them all on, because I like having up to the minute details on my stories!

And that’s it! We’re always working on new ways to improve the Writer Portal experience for our creators, so let us know what you think about these features and what you’d like to see in the future.

With love,

The Episode Team

59 Likes

awesome!

4 Likes

I thought we would be able to get the ability to edit our characters on it but I guess that’ll be for later.

9 Likes

I love this new update so much just by reading it, checking it out now!
But I have 2 idea’s for your next update!

1. My friend jolyon wants to become an episode author but he has a samsung and he doesn’t have the write tab on his, he only has the ability to read stories… Making spot directly difficult! Please make it that all phones can write!

2. I’m not sure if it was added but I don’t think it was, I’d love to see an option to customise your profile character on here and not in the app. That way we don’t have to use the pre-made outfits and could have access to full customisation such as hair etc!

5 Likes

Oh it’s finally out… I no longer feel special lol. :joy:

jk

8 Likes

Finally! I get to hide my first, cringy story… Awesome!

6 Likes

I think this was the best update yet. I was tired of having unwanted stories that I mess up on showing in my story list. I’m so glad that I can finally make them disappear and focus more on my real stories at hand!

Thanks Episode Team! :blush:

10 Likes

Just checked the updates for myself, I love it but one new thing my OCD/Autism diagnosed self will hope for is the option to DELETE the notifications too. :wink: (My OCD goes off when I see a flood of emails.)

1 Like

There is a option to mark all of them as read.

2 Likes

I know, it still makes my OCD and my autism act up though. I see this large flood of notifications that i’ve read through and hit marked as read for but still i’m just like… AHHHH FULL NOTIFICATION THING. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

this is awesome!!! GOODBYE OLD STORIESSSS HELLLLOOOOOO TO NEW STORIES COMING SOON!

1 Like

Yesssssss I’m so glad it’s out! Now we just need a reader retention tab :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome! Now everyone has it!

Alrighty, that’s cool! :sunglasses::fancysquiddance:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m glad that I no longer have to cringe every time I see my old story :sweat_smile::grin:

Same.

1 Like

YES! I finally met another fellow OCD notificationer!
I really hope they add the delete notification option, until then I shall be burying myself into complicated scripting to keep my mind off the wall of notifications waiting there.

1 Like

No, I’m autistic actually.

1 Like

Oof, my bad sorry about the assumption but same!
I have OCD, autism, anxiety and adhd.

1 Like

I only have autism, PTSD, anxiety and depression.

PM?

1 Like