Update to Story Ranking and Trending Section Calculations

preach.

1 Like

But Episode didnā€™t promise everyone that payment would always be the same. It works with reads, the less reads you get the less money you gain.

4 Likes

So since the episode writers are incapable of writing a decent story, they decide to STEAL from competent people? This is stealing and taking advantage of people,most of those people are in high school and college students. They take the time out of their busy schedule to writeā€¦but this is their job, this is their busy schedule. This is wrong

It had to be said I am not sorry at all

9 Likes

This is fucked up

2 Likes

ikr

1 Like

Please talk about this issue here, because your post may get flagged for being off-topic :black_heart: (Im just mad as you)

6 Likes

You need to delete your account for that

1 Like

This new so-called ā€Ranking and Trending Sectionā€ in the app got advantages and disadvantages in both ways but mainly a lot more disadvantage of the way they effecting (I donā€™t want to call them the higher authors or the popular authors); I want to use a proper word for those who worked their butt off from being to nothing to get to the top is frustrating them not to either publish their new stories or updating their stories and is making them not to have any motivation to do so because not only they love what they doing (obliviously writing stories for their fans or readers or for Episode to read to also take notice of their hard work) but there are few who do this as their full-time job and getting pay for their own stories they wrote that are being known. Especially Episode that is taking other authors stories and turning it into something else completely different, meaning: the title of the authors own original stories, the plot line that Episode twisted it. Everything is just completely a MESS of this new system for both advance experienced authors and for the ones who want to truly become an author/ writer. Even IF (I say IF) this whole new ranking system is helping those newer writer who want to become an author of their own stories (that is the advantages) but it still going to effect them if they become the top author too.

Taken for example, Iā€™m not an author yet, and I truly want to become an author due to personal reasons but I have not yet publish any stories because I want to discover more of what Episode can offer into this community. I donā€™t want to write stories that supposedly my hard work is just for nothing and thatā€™s what other authors are feeling. Authors who is at the top deserves more than the new updating rank system that is messing a whole lot of ish for them and also Iā€™m not leaving out the newer authors but they also deserves more to because not only we want to get notice but is going to hurt both ways if they were to be at the top like the top authors and Iā€™m speaking this in my own opinion.

I think it would be best if you reconsider your updating.

1 Like

Nope.

Here it says they can adapt, edit modify blah blah blah your story, without selling it to them.

2 Likes

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong or misreading this information. Okay, even @PerplexedJam owns the right to her stories but the main question is what right do Episode have from what taking other authors stories that they didnā€™t personally sell their own stories to them?

2 Likes

If they steal your work you canā€™t do anything about it??

1 Like

Thatā€™s definitely some ā€ishā€ right there.

Episode highlight responded:

If any of you havenā€™t seen it yetā€¦ Shaking my headšŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø.

I love this community and Episode Interactive App. It gives me so much to escape from and to even be able to express myself into my stories, once again havenā€™t published yet. I hope they do better.

12 Likes

Lol I hope theyā€™re ready for thousands of emails.

9 Likes

Thank you :joy: I understand completely :heart:

So many strange things have been brought to light in this threadā€¦ hope we can get an explanation for all of it soon.

2 Likes

The TOS are more than fair. Read them again. Also, a lot of authors are posting about the TOS being fine, and how this is a huge misunderstanding.

1 Like

Itā€™s also not a fixed rate.
At any time the rate could drop drastically and youā€™d have no control over it. Relying on Episode for your sole/main source of income is definitely risky. Donā€™t get me wrong, I understand why some authors would go down that route, but there are so many variables that you canā€™t control yourself that choosing to pursue this full time is a massive gamble.

9 Likes

Just want to say that Iā€™m annoyed they post this on Instagram but forums gets nothing. Annoyed, but not surprised.

13 Likes

I read the TOS, all of it, and I understood it like that too. I really wish you were right tho @AvidReader

3 Likes

Geez. Nothing on the forums and only instagram? This is absurd. The most important platform is the one they created is it not? :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes