Update to Story Ranking and Trending Section Calculations

that’s the problem they people freaking out about it are probably the people with million of reads that have completed their story and its a cash cow for them because its still getting 100’s of thousands of reads a day, like the 10 millions reads they already got paid for wasn’t enough, write a new story… simple as that

3 Likes

Like why do it? You are making it somewhat harder for them. Why? No one asked! Why do this to the community!? Why do this to the small and upcoming writes and authors!? Why do it at all?!

1 Like

I’m seeing all kinds of new stories finally in the top, and it’s really nice. I was getting really tired of seeing same old, same old.

4 Likes

@AWeirdo the update is benefiting the lesser known authors with less reads, at least the majority is, go check out the top community romance section all those first stories are stories that were in the rear with no chance of finding them…

4 Likes

It has some benefits but like I said, their shouldn’t have don’t it at all! No one asked for them.

1 Like

I love it. About freaking time. Honestly. Give more authors a chance!

4 Likes

Those stories aren’t really small authors, they are upcoming. Like with 13k or somewhat lower or above. It’s night be helping smaller authors, I am not entirely sure. But I doubt it.

1 Like

Lemme check

I honestly think it’s a glitch. My own ranks are all over the place and I can confirm that their “ranks” as per the portal don’t match the amount of reads they’ve received over the past 24 hours :rofl:

6 Likes

Hi! Can you please bring the old ranking system back. I haven’t written on episode in a couple months but I just started a new story and was ready to publish by mid-next week. With my first story, I loved seeing the numbers change and if the numbers aren’t going to be changing, then what’s the point of writing? It was an incentive to see the story ranking go up or down. I say down because then you know, as an artist, you have to do something different with your story because at the moment it isn’t interesting for the reader.

1 Like

My story over it, is #79 it was between rank 320-283 for the longest time, I am still writing it, a lot of those first stories are not complete and have 15 chapters or fewer, my story regardless of rank would get between 500-1500 reads a day. I published my story on Oct 31 it had less then a 100 reads within a month it reached 10K reads, now its at 14,6k, its not a lot of reads, but its actually inspiring especially since the first story I ever wrote never got more then 15. I am loving this update it seems I get 5-10 reads every few minutes, because yes I am OCD about how my story is doing by the minute LOL

2 Likes

I just checked and wow! I am amazed.

Does the thriller/horror section load for anyone?

1 Like

But my only issue is: Although this is a little beneficial, we have more crucial issues than this. But yet Episode rather concentrate on ranking update than the other problems we have asked about. :confused:

1 Like

I haven’t check out that section yet sorry

It appears to have completely glitched out and it’s been like that all day.

2 Likes

I am guessing you are speaking about the POC updates people have been asking for?

1 Like

Yes and they along with myself, have been asking for a while now. Yet they ignore us and do this which no one asked for.

1 Like

I just went on it and it loaded for me

2 Likes

Beneficial or not, no one asked for it nor it was a big issue before.