Update to Story Ranking and Trending Section Calculations

A lot of us are still writing just not publishing, this won’t stop me writing but if I publish and gains no traction, everything we have worked so hard for is for nothing.

1 Like

:kissing_heart: but I am so happy that there are authors like Mystique and Miss Mj who do not care about this. Yes they are pissed that their work has dropped but they are carrying on with their writing only stopping at holidays or when their creativity runs dry. But some authors need to appreciate what they have!

3 Likes

I have 300 story reads and tbh I really don’t mind. For me as I writer it’s not about the number of story reads I get it’s the quality of the story that matters more to me.

I love feeling motivated to write and I love the stories I write but authors who have millions of reads should be grateful and not complain that they dropped a couple of reads.

So what?

There’s authors out there with pratically no reads you should be a bit thankful that you have a massive amount of story reads.

2 Likes

Biggest scandals in history:
1972: Watergate
2018: EpisodeRankingGate

16 Likes

Appreciate what you have and be grateful. Don’t take it for granted.

2 Likes

FJSDJFSDK

So true

3 Likes

I’ll use my own stories as an example (since I know what the reads have been since the glitch- I track these things lol).
One is showing as #168 overall (and #2 in horror) and one of my others is showing as #5712 overall. Even with being in these new positions for over a day now, the one at #5712 has gained more reads lol.
I know for a fact that the story trending at #2 in horror does not have the reads to warrant being in that position.

4 Likes

Preach!

1 Like

Y’all acting like they are updating one a month but they are not, it’s just once a day and y’all don’t know if it wasn’t broken, maybe episodes see things y’all don’t

Well most people if not any have complained about the ranking.

I totally understand your frustration. Just know that in the readers opinion, it’s not for nothing- your fans and their loyalty is still here, regardless of if the ranks are or not. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As weird as I sound, I’m a small author (as I said before) I started writing in OCTOBER so I know that this world doesn’t want stories from a 13 year old girl who can’t update every week because of my tests. I figured this out when I started. Besides this is a hobby, and I can’t be paid. So this whole ranking thing doesn’t affect me. I didn’t even know it existed. I learnt how to do this with the help of Joseph Evans’ tutorials on YouTube.

4 Likes

Preachin’.

1 Like

Do any of you recognise this?

Thia is earlgreytea on Instagram expressing her views. Which I feel make sense.

12 Likes

@Liz stop copying other people’s stories it’s not on.

if earlgrey is talking about the heated conversations on this thread, I’d have to disagree because this thread hasn’t been closed and reopened like most other announcements.

But other than that, yes I agree we should be enjoying stories.

3 Likes

She’s right. This is just causing more drama. It seems like Episode is starting a lot of it these days. It’s not like they’re thinking that this won’t upset us at all, they just don’t really care.

3 Likes

2 of my very favorite authors on the app are pretty “famous.”
Just because they are “famous” doesn’t mean they work harder than non famous authors .

Don’t equate fame with hard work.

4 Likes

Most famous episode authors have worked hard to be famous I never once said that they work harder then non famous authors, like myself. We all work hard on our stories regardless if they have more reads or not.

1 Like

Sorry for having an opinion.

1 Like