Update to Story Ranking and Trending Section Calculations

Correct me if I’m wrong or misreading this information. Okay, even @PerplexedJam owns the right to her stories but the main question is what right do Episode have from what taking other authors stories that they didn’t personally sell their own stories to them?

2 Likes

If they steal your work you can’t do anything about it??

1 Like

That’s definitely some ”ish” right there.

Episode highlight responded:

If any of you haven’t seen it yet… Shaking my head🤦🏽‍♀️.

I love this community and Episode Interactive App. It gives me so much to escape from and to even be able to express myself into my stories, once again haven’t published yet. I hope they do better.

12 Likes

Lol I hope they’re ready for thousands of emails.

9 Likes

Thank you :joy: I understand completely :heart:

So many strange things have been brought to light in this thread… hope we can get an explanation for all of it soon.

2 Likes

The TOS are more than fair. Read them again. Also, a lot of authors are posting about the TOS being fine, and how this is a huge misunderstanding.

1 Like

It’s also not a fixed rate.
At any time the rate could drop drastically and you’d have no control over it. Relying on Episode for your sole/main source of income is definitely risky. Don’t get me wrong, I understand why some authors would go down that route, but there are so many variables that you can’t control yourself that choosing to pursue this full time is a massive gamble.

9 Likes

Just want to say that I’m annoyed they post this on Instagram but forums gets nothing. Annoyed, but not surprised.

13 Likes

I read the TOS, all of it, and I understood it like that too. I really wish you were right tho @AvidReader

3 Likes

Geez. Nothing on the forums and only instagram? This is absurd. The most important platform is the one they created is it not? :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

I’m done. The mass hysteria around this rankings issue is so unwarranted. It was clear from the start that episode would fix things, and yet people are moaning and groaning that their lives are “over” because of this glitch. It’s barely been a day and a half. Life isn’t over. THINGS WILL BE FIXED. I am so disappointed in a lot of authors, especially some of the biggest ones on Episode right now. I am done reading from these people because they only care about shit when it affects them, and they’ve been complaining for over a day and blaming smaller authors.

What about diversity issues? Nobody raises a fuss over those. But there’s a temporary glitch for less than a full weekend and people absolutely lose their minds. SMH.

13 Likes

They are acting worse then children…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

So true.

9 Likes

agreed

They never make a song and dance about diversity issues and yet when one glitch occurs everyone is acting stupidly. There’s bigger issues to solve and honestly its embarrassing.

Yes we understand you are upset, we do. But there’s no need to act like a pack of wild animals and get all fused about it. IT WILL BE SOLVED. Gosh…

Don’t go blaming smaller authors for “taking your position” YOU DON’T OWN IT! It’s not their fault your stories are going higher in the ranks

10 Likes

They can’t solve a glitch with another glitch.

2 Likes

In a week (the most) this glitch will be fixed. And the trending section will go back to the same old stories. Let’s just see how fast they will fix it

6 Likes

lmao people are acting like WW3 just broke out. Like seriously chill, and everything will go back to how it’s supposed to be within days. :joy:

3 Likes

That’s what I’m betting on, and when it is fixed. I’ll revisit this thread and leave a message. I hope yall prove me wrong this time

2 Likes