Update to Story Ranking and Trending Section Calculations

Look all y’all complaining did the trick, congratulations, now we will have all the same stories on top and all y’all authors who feel entitled will get to continue being entitled :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

Just like everyone else, I too am not liking this whole ranking system. My story was usually Ranked between the 100’s and 200’s. Now it’s close to 10,000 -_- This is extremely frustrating, considering a lot of authors put their time and effort to writing stories on YOUR app. The old ranking system really put a competitive spirit at least in my opinion. When I would see my rank, I felt a sense of pride and accomplishment. It would push me to write more chapters and produce more stories. Now, when I see that I am close to 10,000 on the Rank, I find myself asking the questions "Is writing on Episodes even worth it? "There’s nothing to work towards if my story isn’t going to get circulated properly.

3 Likes

The old ranking system should be back mid week. That is what Episode has mailed the ones who sent a ticket.

2 Likes

Lol I just went from #167 to #7645 which doesn’t seem right either :rofl:

But things seem to be moving in the right direction for me now. My thrillers are moving back down (up?) the ranks and all my stories that glitched up are moving back to where they should be :cry::rofl:

5 Likes

I posted a reply I got from support above. This does appear to be a glitch and not the new ranking system itself (although the change in the calculation frequencies likely caused it?).
Things should be back to normal by mid-week although I feel like it will take a little longer for some stories to gain back the momentum that they’ve lost.

4 Likes

Hey guys idk if you heard but they are fixing it and it’s going back to the old ranking system :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Based on what they sent @EliseC, it sounds like they reverting it back to the old system

6 Likes

Same, I haven’t seen anything saying they were going back to the old system.

1 Like

Read this post. Elise got a reply to a ticket she submitted

1 Like

I wonder if anyone else got that as well.

They have. I’ve seen the same email circulating around :rofl:

Because you know it’s copy-paste

5 Likes

I already think that my rankings have changed several times over the past few hours :joy:

4 Likes

Same. My genre rank has been going back one and two spots every so often. My overall trending rank jumped up and I’m back in top 1000

4 Likes

Well, I think the overall ranking is still glitching for some people, like me :sweat_smile: Our college days entry is 280 in Comedy (which seems normal) and 114083 overall :joy:

2 Likes

I have to add an update on this because I actually got more reads yesterday than on Sunday but all my ranks are much worse now. I have a story, which was #177 in Comedy yesterday and 3000 something overall. Now it is #4189 in Comedy and #112879 overall and I nearly got the same amount of reads on both days :laughing:

3 Likes

You jinxed yourself yesterday and now look what’s happened. Glitch… or curse? :thinking:

4 Likes

the new system would have still allowed the same authors to be on top… the only reason they weren’t was because of the massive glitching

7 Likes

I still don’t know why some people refused to believe it was the same glitch that has been around for over two years :joy:
It seems like it’s getting a bit better, except I just checked my ranks and two of my stories are reportedly both trending at #14. In horror. Together… at the same time.

And @Annieways, that seems to be happening for everyone. The author who ended up at #1 in romance during the glitch reported that she got fewer reads on her story than she usually does at a lower ranking.
I experienced something similar too: my less popular horror was at #4 and got 1,000 reads in the last 3 days, whereas my more popular one got 3.000 and was at #94 in horror.
I don’t know why this happened, despite the extra exposure for the stories at the top. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Happy to be trending again with you :purple_heart: I’m glad that everything is back to normal again.

2 Likes

Don’t feel down about it! Rankings don’t really matter! :blush:

8 Likes