Update What We Need!

Although I know this won’t necessarily be a popular statement, I’m saying it anyway. Rather than always complaining that “episode isn’t listening” or that they are “releasing things we don’t need” and why don’t they “give us what we ask for” etc etc… understand, these people are human. They can only do so much, and whilst there are things that we might want and to an extent need for a story to have our desired effect, there are other things that they have thought up to add to the system themselves. They can’t always be making what the community asks for. This doesn’t mean that requests for things are ignored. Just that it takes time to work it through and finalise, perfect and release things. I think all in all there is a lot of things that have been given. Rather than having a problem with what hasn’t been done, maybe be more grateful or happy that they have given what they have given.
Sure there’s always some more things that can be added to make it even better, but make the suggestions/requests politely and then wait :slight_smile: I’m sure if it’s a good enough suggestion, they will add it to the list.

5 Likes

I agree with you 100%. I do think Episode should listen to us when it comes to these types of wants and inquires. I think it’s a shame that Episode won’t release those hidden outfits that are in the LL version :disappointed: I don’t understand why they don’t want to release those among other hidden things. Dude! I’m really fed up with this because shouldn’t authors be exposed to more things that Episode has to offer?

2 Likes

Okay but for example : A little more me and college ish, as well as The Kiss List isn’t a celebrity story so therefore theoretically shouldn’t have a contract on them and some of the outfits featured are NOT gem choices so It should be allowed to be released, right?

1 Like

I feel that yes they are human and they gave us a lot but most of the things the community ask for are sometimes already made and I feel that just sitting there and acting like everything is perfect will just tell them that they don’t have to do anything. I understand what you want to say but it’s more of how so much things are missing for the community but then you see everything you wish for in featured story

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to work to fix the glitching props than work on a hole baseball outfit that no one wants ?

2 Likes

I also understand what Episode is a business and they can’t handle everything at the same time. I do believe they are listening and hearing our inquiries, but I’m always doubting it.

Do they have a long braid that goes past the waist? :laughing: If no, I’d love that :wink:

4 Likes

Oooooo!! That would be cool. I don’t think they have that.

3 Likes

Of course that is a great way to think. I personally think that they’re perfecting the hairstyles before they release them - or at least I hope so.

But by the same token, the community should hold them accountable. Yes they are human, yes it takes time to do such things but they are a company. They are supposed to be at least somewhat transparent with the community instead of vague answers, ignorance of the issues, ect.

Bottom line is right now is that Episode is failing to connect with the community that is the backbone of their app, and thus they are failing to hold their status as a good and caring company

4 Likes

My thing is…why did they release the animations when we cant use the hidden props that go with them??? That means we can’t use the animations :woman_facepalming: Who thought that made sense? I just wanna talk to them…

9 Likes

Plus some props like the instrument are there since 2017 !!!

3 Likes

Some stuff on the forums have been asked since last year, and are actually created, but they are not released. So, I really doubt if creating a feature request does anything anymore. -in the past, it worked, and I appreciate that-

It’s not that baseball clothing was unuseful, it’s just no one really likes baseball (lol good sport but eh) nor does anyone really write about it, some people made them PJs, but that’s not enough. And the spring clothes update was just accessories, they could’ve released 3 shirts in different colors and everyone would be fine. We are not expecting hairstyles every week, we simply want things we can use.

Before someone else says “they are testing them”, no, they are not. We didn’t know what featured stories’ layout looked like, we didn’t know how they worked, it could be really different that tested features can be actually used, but now that a non-featured story has those features (A Little More Me season 2) I know that they are not being tested, they are ready to use.

So, sorry but saying stuff like “they are being tested” doesn’t make sense, I would try to say this in the nicest way possible, but I just can’t.

10 Likes

I’m sorry but I am sure I’ve seen Episode explain that it works like a pipeline. Like every feature request that gets made is considered and then if they want to actually go ahead with it, they add it to the queue rather than fast tracking it just because it’s the thing most people are complaining and/or supporting at the time. Which I know can be frustrating for people, but that’s just how the process works

As for hidden things… I know that with the premium outfits at least, it wouldn’t make sense to ever release them. What would be the point in reading an Episode featured story if you could get all the gem outfits in a user story for free? That’s what I don’t understand with that photo with all the ink premium outfits. How is it fair for everyone who paid gems for their character to wear it if we are now making it free for every community author?

And as much as I struggle to find a reason why some of the poses and animations haven’t been released… I really disagree with this:

We don’t need hidden things to write awesome stories and there are countless amounts of threads here dedicated to showing how you can add diversity for those people who struggled.

Tbh my attitude with each update is usually just challenge accepted, Episode because I do actually find it fun trying to give “pointless updates” a purpose in my story. So I just think that while we wait for the stuff we want to make its way through the pipeline, that we shouldn’t see not having these things yet as so much of a set back. It’s still possible to write a good story.

12 Likes

Exactly what we are all thinking a lot of features are ready (HAIRSTYLES sorry …) but they are kept for more exclusivity and that is annoying when you have more useful things that almost every writer will use like the notepad to write something but those are still hidden and we get bunny ears

1 Like

A love triangle between a barista, a baseball player, and a playboy bunny. :thinking:

12 Likes

Genius El :bulb: Heading over to the portal now :running_man:

5 Likes

Like you said the premium outfits will never be released because it would be very pointless and stupid to do so and I get that a lot of clothes will stay hidden but it’s annoying to see the same blazer coming in different updates but with minor change or just a new colour/texture and I feel since we discovered how much hairstyles are actually finished it makes it even more frustrating

1 Like

They most likely have more.

2 Likes

Who is the bad boy in the story?

2 Likes

I would prefer is we had stuff for Christainity and Judiasm first then Islam next. :heart: Like in an order.

2 Likes