Updates to Community Author Created Gem Choices

If you’re below 18 and you unlock reader payments the money will be stored until you’re old enough to withdraw it, I think.

5 Likes

:thinking:

If we don’t set a price for the gem choice at all, will it be automatically set at the minimum price of 5 gems?

2 Likes

Oh wow! That would be awesome

1 Like

I never said nor did I imply that small authors don’t work hard.

Every popular author started just like the rest of us, from zero. What I meant to say is given enough time and effort, authors can be successful.

5 Likes

Yes, thank you for breaking it down and explaining it better than I did :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I’ve seen some speculation about this in the thread and wanted to clear it up: If left uncoded, your gem choices will default to 15 gems.

11 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Thank you for answering :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey Episode! You should really add a 2 gem choice too! I think that is a reasonable price for a lot of little things for smaller stories :hugs:

3 Likes

How do we code even 5 gems? I want to put the support choice in one or two of my chapters, but I’m not worth 15 gems, and I know that

2 Likes

You put GEMS:5 at the beginning of your choice for example:

GEMS:5 “Yes, I will support the author!”{

NARRATOR
Thank you so much!

Love you boo!

}“No, I don’t want to.”{

NARRATOR
No worries!

}

This is a little gem choice for supporting an author that is in my story :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When I do that it doesn’t make it a gem option

1 Like

Does it not show as a gem choice like when you preview the story on the app?

1 Like

Oh, no, just on the web previwer.

1 Like

I would try on ur phone because I find the web previewer isn’t as accurate with that stuff. Lmk if it works!

1 Like

How does the coding work for choosing the amount of gems anyways?

if it plays factor than it seem to me too that stories eather without them or with only ferw readers picking up the gem choices will have it harder now - othervice how would gems if no t thant what do you think means that it will play a role?

it doesn’t look like its working