Uploaded Artwork Question

[Sorry if this is the wrong place! I didn’t see another area where it was fitting.]

I’m in the process of writing a story and I purchased art of my character on the website Deviant Art. Well, I uploaded it and the image got rejected (I’ve already contacted support regarding this issue.) But for those of you who do upload art regularly, do your images always get rejected until you’ve proven you have the rights to use it? Or do your images just pass fine and for whatever reason they thought mine was stolen?

3 Likes

You probably didn’t have right to use it

I’ve gotten rejected but I think it was because they thought that something sexy was about to happen.
But I uploaded the same picture is different zone sizes and one of them got approved but not the other.
But usually they are super fast with ticket.s.
I never hd to prove that I owned an art piece. But i also never purchased from DA

1 Like

Hmm, it got rejected as “Brands, Real People, and Places” - The piece did have cleavage, but I’m not sure if that’s the sole reason. I can try to re-upload it but differently cropped but I definitely don’t want any negative repercussions, like getting my account suspended if it gets rejected.

That makes sense! I dont have the watermark on mine

1 Like

So surprisingly enough, the piece doesn’t actually have any sort of signature on it. I did add my story title on the image so maybe that’s what set off the alarm bells? Although, in any case, I hope support can help me get it sorted out!

1 Like

oops I think I deleted my first reply :grimacing: can you tell im new to actually participating in forums hehe maybe remove the story title and try uploading it as an overlay that’s separate from the art piece?

1 Like

Same haha, I only joined a few days ago so I feel your pain. Anyway, I can do that! Maybe I should also cut out the cleavage parts in the image and see if that helps it pass?

I’ve also uploaded the same image as my book cover/large cover, however they’re completely different crops. Ig we’ll be able to test out Liz’s theory if one of them passes, or if all of them fail.

1 Like

For those who are wondering, I found the issue. When I bought the piece around a month ago, the artist uploaded it to her Deviant Art gallery. Episode is failing my image because it’s been reposted and is assuming that I don’t have the rights to use the image when I in fact do. So if you do a simple reverse search of the image, my character comes up on several different Deviant Art pages.

Well, this is annoying.

oh no! have you gotten in contact with the artist?

1 Like

Yes I have! I shot her a private message on DA and I explained the situation with the reposts and with episode. I’m just waiting on a response currently, but I’m sure she’ll be more than understanding. I guess I learned a good lesson today: Don’t let your art sit, upload it immediately :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Moved to Art Resources since this is art-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Smol update:

I’ve got the situation worked out with support! :black_heart:

I showed them proof of permission from the artist to use it as my episode cover along with a few other things, and they went ahead and approved my artwork for me. It was actually easier than I had actually expected. So, if anyone runs into this issue, definitely contact support because they’ll work with you to resolve your issue. :black_heart:

1 Like

awesome! is your story published? aka can I read it lolz

It’s not out yet, I’m still in the writing process, unfortunately. I think I’m gonna pre-write the first 10 chapters and then release the ones after that on a weekly schedule. If you’d like, I can let you know when I publish it? :eyes: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.