Uploading Overlays From Online...?

Heyo!
I was just thinking about it and in my story, I uploaded an overlay of an air horn for a scene that I found online. I photoshopped it a bit to be transparent, and then uploaded it. It WAS approved, but is it “legal” in episode terms to use it since I got it offline? If not, am I supposed to give credit to where I got it from? If you know an actual answer, please let me know!
Thx

If it’s from google images, then I wouldn’t use it to be on the safe side. There are websites that you can check out that have creative commons licenses on their images which you can use.

Yeah. You can change your search settings to “approved for reuse” if you’re going to search on google.

2 Likes

Thanks! But why was it approved then? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

episode always approve images that coypright, i dont know why, but they need to stop, and look at terms of use.

those sites that are mentioned in the video, you can find overlays from those sites as well.

u need to be very careful not to get images, and overlays from google.

Moved to Art Resources since this is about overlays. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

They approve stuff that doesn’t violate THEIR guidelines. I don’t think they check the rights of where the original image came from, because that’s what you do when you check that little box before you submit

1 Like