Upturned feline or upturned bold?

so a lot of characters have these two eyes, upturned feline or upturned bold-
But which eyes are better? just curious tho

• upturned bold
  • upturned feline

0 voters

1 Like

upturned feline is very pretty but I’m biased because my character has upturned bold

4 Likes

Of those two, I prefer upturned bold. It feels like most MC’s have upturned feline with the beach hair nowadays… :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Upturned feline :heart_eyes:

I chose upturned feline but I love them both :heart:

1 Like

This is used way too much.

1 Like

I think it depends on the character’s personality and how you want to portray them, creating characters in episode is like casting for a show, upturned feline looks sultry/sexy to me. I wouldn’t use them on a character that was supposed to be young and/or naive, for instance.

???–So most people have that eye type because of personality? It’s a facial feature people have, not an accessory.

6 Likes

It’s not really the shape, it’s the makeup. When you’ve written a younger character I think using, say, upturned natural better portrays to the reader their age. I’d use the same eye if I wrote a character that was vegan and worked at a coffee shop, only used biodegradable soap, only shopped organic. These aren’t real people, and in a way everything is an accessory, everything can be subtext or used to strengthen your character building. You have to do everything you can to get your point across in a medium where your visual options are limited and it bores people to read long droning paragraphs about your character’s feelings towards cosmetic companies and the mass amount of plastic in our oceans etc.

1 Like

…:skull: You know what–Okay. :ok_hand:t4:

you’re using stereotypes.

1 Like

Shhhh. Don’t bother. Let her stay in that little bubble. :shushing_face:

1 Like

It’s not that deep ppl… :moyai:

1 Like

yeah, lemme shut up sksk.

1 Like

I love upturned bold

But my character actually does fit more for upturned feline

1 Like

Even though it’s overused, I like upturned feline. They are more similar to my eyes than the others so I guess that’s my reason!
I’m young, most likely naive, and like using vegan products so yeah idk.

1 Like

Mmm, hard one. They both look adorable. I only voted for upturned feline because I love using that feature in my Asian-looking characters. But yeah, like many pointed out, both features (especially upturned feline) are overused to the point that it is frustrating.

It does not bother me, however, when they are used with other “unusual” features… you know, because there are other features besides beach wave hair, upturned nose and full lips :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

In that particular example I made up, yeah, but readers recognize stereotypes, readers identify with them. As long as they aren’t super racist, sexist, homophobic etc. and your characters progress beyond them in the narrative, stereotypes can actually be a really useful tool in your writing. What’s your favorite TV show?

1 Like

I like upturn feline more, but I try to avoid using both of them in my story, because they’re overused.

2 Likes

I voted for upturned bold because I just want a tie between those two options (now it’s 50/50) :grin:

4 Likes