Urgent digital art questions

So I’m very close to getting procreate but I’m curious if it really is as good as people say because I don’t wanna waste the money if I don’t have to I could really use some opinions.
I also have some questions if any procreate artists can help please.

Is the quality good in your opinion?

What’s the difference between procreate and a free digital art app like ibis paint x?

Would you recommend this to a beginner to more experienced artist?

My last question is what’s so amazing about this app hat everyone talks about it so enthusiastically?

And other opinions are welcome

2 Likes

Quality really depends on the resolution you set your canvas to have and dpi but the quality is just as great while rendering once exported.

I don’t know ):

I would recommend procreate to any artist no matter what skill level.

I’m not very familiar with other graphic art apps besides procreate other than paint tool sai, so I wouldn’t know if it really is better than ibis paint x and stuff but I can say that I have yet to stop using procreate.

2 Likes

Thanks that helps :thinking:

2 Likes

Is it realistic would you say?

1 Like

What do you mean? Like if you can draw realistic pieces on it?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

yeah, you can do that on it!

1 Like

That’s pretty cool! And thanks for your help

1 Like

no problem!

1 Like

Hi @Cathie_epi

For my advice

Is the quality good in your opinion? yes , The quality is good in my opinion but There are many app you can used that will work in your own style but some will not work your way but their all different app that work in their own way . but it ok to try out both app

What’s the difference between procreate and a free digital art app like ibis paint x?
The difference between procreate and Digital art app. Is that procreate have alots of tool to make realistic art and much more and As procreate make your art looks more creative and alive in style and As Digital art app make your art looks comedy , Cartoon and much more but Digital app helps you make creative things too and make your imagine comes alive and Ibis paint helps make your art feels new and more it have alots tool like the others app but 3 app is different in their own ways but many app you choose will fix with your style . As it depends your skills if your a Digital art cartoon skill or even realistic skill or a creative person or any skills you have in art . it good to try out new things on app . Because it will helps you build your art skills .

Here are link of both procreate and ibis paint x @Cathie_epi

Would you recommend this to a beginner to more experienced artist?
Yes , both app like procreate and Digital art app is best to used . Even like Ibis paint and much more app out there but as i be getting procreate .

My last question is what’s so amazing about this app hat everyone talks about it so enthusiastically?
Here is link of video for each app everyone use @Cathie_epi

I would say that everyone use is procreate , Ibis paint ,Photoshop, KRITA and more . But the video on top is what everyone use and their like different app that people use . But there are new app that people is using around the world . Because everyone use stuff different and has different skills.

And other opinions are welcome
But my others opinion will be that i use sketchbook because it make my art looks more creative and cute and it easy for me and since i use ibis paint it was hard for me so i don’t have it many more but i did test it out and more and as i use it for contest but ibis paint x was hard for me but it was easy at time but i would say i love sketchbook more better

1 Like

I was a ibispaintx user and seen everyone rave about procreate and an apple pencil so i got both and my art has definitely improved since!
A lot of trial and era though

2 Likes

So would you say for realistic or semi-realistic you would recommend procreate over other apps? As that is the style I’m going for

1 Like

No. Because no app is gonna do art for yoi. If you cant draw nither can the app. A good app may help but if your art isnt good on a free app it wont be on one tiu buy

So no, unleash you already can draw realistic. Then it it cant.

1 Like

i went straight to procreate but i have tried ibis paint, procreate is like wayy better. the brushes for example i hated on ibis paint and just couldn’t draw with. procreate is a one off payment and you can’t really go wrong with it. plus you don’t have to watch ads to get brushes lols

1 Like

@Theebee2004 you use procreate right??

1 Like

So you couldn’t really draw on ibis paint but you can on procreate? @caitlindrewthis

1 Like

i could still draw but when you get used to a certain brush set it’s weird to then change brushes you know? it was like what line said a certain drawing program isn’t going to make you good at it. the app is really down to personal preference

1 Like

Yea but a lot of people say it’s good for beginners as well

1 Like

And people say that even people who have never drawn before used procreate and became quite good

1 Like

i did a bit of traditional before i went to digital art and procreate was the first and only app i use so yeah it’s fine for beginners just took me a bit of time to get my head around how the app works but that’s the same with everything

1 Like