Urgent script help!

I really need help with my script and its urgent…

Basically, i have a scene where 2 characters are running and i have zoomed in on their legs only…
it starts with one character, then pans to the second character and fades out.
on the previewer, works perfectly… but on the app it transitions in and i cant see my character, then it pans to what is meant to be the second person, but then its actually the first character that shows…

I have been trying to fix this for 2 days and im meant to be publishing my story tomorrow and i am not publishing until this is fixed haha… does anyone have ANY idea why this wouldnt be working?

Here is my script;

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - NIGHT
&zoom reset
&EMMA spot 0.634 258 316 in zone 1 AND EMMA moves to layer 1 AND EMMA faces right AND EMMA is run_athletic_neutral_loop
&GM5 spot 0.629 59 329 in zone 1 AND GM5 moves to layer 5 AND GM5 faces right AND GM5 is run_athletic_neutral_loop
&zoom on 285 226 to 330% in 0
@transition fade in 2

@pause for 2.5

@zoom on 6 216 to 330% in 2

@pause for 2.5

@transition fade out 2
&zoom reset
&remove EMMA AND remove GM5
@speechbubble reset

If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!! :’( <3

try to remove the very first zoom reset on the start since you want to start with the zoom on the first person if I get it right.

1 Like

remove the first &zoom reset
also it might help to change it to " EMMA does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop " instead of " is " and the same for GM5.

1 Like

omg thank you i will try that now!

ahhh i didnt think of that, im still very new to coding so thankyou for pointing that out… can you tell me what the difference is pls? just for future reference as i never know when to use is and does it while haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

if i remember correctly, with IS it will complete the action before moving onto the next one whereas with STARTS it will just do whatever action commanded even if it’s in the middle of another. plus WHILE is like START except it’s normally used when you want to use an action while the character is moving

1 Like

so i changed it to does it while and removed the first zoom reset and it still doesnt work urgh im tearing my hair out with this haha

i just added ur code to my game and it worked perfectly fine for me? the code below is basically the same as yours so i don’t know why yours isn’t working? :thinking:

the code

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - NIGHT
&EMMA spot 0.634 258 316 in zone 1 AND EMMA moves to layer 1 AND EMMA faces right AND EMMA is run_athletic_neutral_loop
&GM5 spot 0.629 59 329 in zone 1 AND GM5 moves to layer 5 AND GM5 faces right AND GM5 is run_athletic_neutral_loop
&zoom on 285 226 to 330% in 0
@transition fade in 2
@pause for 2.5
@zoom on 6 216 to 330% in 2
@pause for 2.5
@transition fade out 2

its like it works on the portal but just does not work on the app… its so frustrating haha

i tried it on the app and it worked for me
can you screenshot what it looks like on the app for you?

oh really? hmm okay, hang on i will need to get it up again haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is what is showing on my app when it transitions in :frowning:

oh that’s strange
maybe press “restart episode”. if that doesn’t work you might have to delete and re install the app otherwise i’m not sure because the code looks fine to me

1 Like

yeah i played it from the start of the episode and went through the entire chapter to this point… urgh so technically the code should work then? jeeez this is annoying, i appreciate you trying! <3

1 Like

i mean the actual restart episode button here

but oh i’m sorry ugh and no problem i hope it gets figured out! :blob_hearts:

ahhhhhhh okay, im willing to try anything at this point haha! thank you so much <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.