Use of tappable choices with if/else code - DIFFERENT TO ALL OTHER SAME POSTS ON THIS, I PROMISE!

I am sure there is heaps of posts on this but after looking through them all, nothing actually helps me.

In my story I have a character who has a choice of doing two shows, a reality show and a dating show, I have two logos for each show that are tappable choices. At the end of one episode, I gave the reader the opportunity to pick which one they want to do, whatever they pick will start in the next episode.

So now I am using the if/elif/else code. I am following @Dara.Amarie script for “Remember a Choice” but obviously trying to use the tappable overlays with it. This is where I am stuck,

Please help!

put ur code up?

Okay well I didn’t get that far because I was unsure but if I did I was going to put;
if (tappable overlay name?){
#story goes here
}else (tappable overlay name?){
#story goes here
}

Okay so I would do smth like this

First episode

tappable
“OVERLAY1”{
@CHOICE =1
}
“OVERLAY2”{
@CHOICE =2
}

Next episode

if (CHOICE = 1){
#Scene
}else{
#Scene
}

I think you could use gains as well to do something like this but I’m not completely familiar with them so yeah, also when you use this code, I don’t think it’ll work on the web previewer but it should work on the app, hope this helps :heart:

1 Like

You will need to use gains. The gain name needs to go in the if/elif/else.

1 Like

Thank you @Dara.Amarie and @rachel.epii for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.