Using [YOU] in toasters and Speech Bubble Style Update

Hi! You addressed the color issue too. Hopefully someone else knows? Maybe @EliseC. She seems to be knowledgeable on a lot of things.

Also if that is true about it being too early to fix the speech bubbles, that would annoy me even more than having to fix them, because I don’t want to have to do it twice. I’m also about to publish too.

You mean placing them? UGH it’s so tedious. It’s not hard per say, as all you’re really doing is copying/pasting the codes or writing them out, but when you’ve got multiple episodes where this needs to be done on almost every single line of dialogue, boy does it get real old, real fast. :tired_face: Totally not episode’s fault though. I get what they’re trying to do. It’s just something we’ll all have to grind our teeth and get through lol.

Yeah I agree that its not difficult just very time consuming and as you said tedious. I do wish there was a way they could do it without effecting the speech bubbles. Maybe it is not possible, who knows?

Well, it seems like they just implemented it. Maybe they’ll be fine tuning it along the way and fix the placements? I hope so :disappointed_relieved:

Perhaps. I just don’t want to have to fix the speech bubbles twice.

100% agreed. Just the thought of that makes me want to hurl. :nauseated_face:

Ugh I know!!!

So how do I change the color of my speech bubble?

:rofl: I have no idea lol.
Maybe someone who was in the beta test has more information?

Oh well :laughing:. I figured it was worth a shot. Do you know who was in the beta test?

That’s what we are trying to find out. I don’t know who the beta testers are. Do we recall anyone on here saying they got the speech bubbles early? I guess we can always reach out to @Jeremy or one of the other admins about it. Because I remember that being said several times. Otherwise what is the point? I was excited about it because I thought I would be able to change the color easily without using the Mean Girls and Demi trick.

I actually just got on the app a few minutes ago and my bubbles are back to the updated style and there don’t deem to be any more issues with placement

2 Likes

H̶e̶y̶,̶ ̶@̶j̶e̶s̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶v̶i̶e̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶W̶r̶i̶t̶e̶r̶’̶s̶ ̶P̶o̶r̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶n̶y̶m̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶d̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶j̶a̶r̶r̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶W̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶?̶ Solved, too many spaces were in the box.

open

6 Likes

Weird. I don’t have that? It could be that yours are glitching somehow.

1 Like

Really? I’ll have to double check my speech bubbles then. :+1:

1 Like

I actually quite like the new bubbles! Other than the problems listed above, I think that the way the choices are displayed can be changed. I feel as if the choices are appearing closer to one another than before. In the previous stye, the choices were slightly farther apart from each other, and people still complained about clicking the wrong one, etc. So, if we put the choices a bit closer, I think pressing the wrong thing will be more possible. I wonder if this even makes sense…

I think there are some but it doesn’t seem to be so bad so far. I haven’t gone through all my chapters yet .

1 Like

Have you taken the name out completely?
It could be because you filled the name out by pushing on the space bar.

1 Like

I think you still have to call it ‘Demi’ or ‘Mean Girls’ to get the different colours.

1 Like