Vegetarian Advice?

Hello, Episodians! Today, I am making a topic specifically towards our vegetarian Episodians. For a while now I’ve been thinking about becoming vegetarian. If you are vegetarian, could you answer some questions for me? :slight_smile:

1. How long have you been vegetarian?
  2. What’s it like being a vegetarian?
  3. Is it hard sometimes?
  4. What was it like for you when you became vegetarian?
  5. Was it hard for you when you first became vegetarian?
  6. What are some good meals I could make that are vegetarian? :joy:
  7. How did people react when you first became vegetarian?
  8. How did/do people react when they find out you’re vegetarian?
  9. should I do it??
  10. Common things that people mistake/assume about vegetarians?
  11. Anything else you think I should know about…
10 Likes

Sorry in advance if I’m not much of help, I stopped eating meat when I was 4 or 5, so I don’t really have anything to compare, but I will try.

1. How long have you been vegetarian?
    For at least 25 years.

2. What’s it like being a vegetarian?
    Well it’s just natural to me, I can’t imagine myself eating meat at all.

3. Is it hard sometimes?
    No, but really that’s been such a long time :sweat_smile:

4. What was it like for you when you became vegetarian?
    So I loved animals, very much. And one day I just decided I won’t eat them. I don’t remember much, but I was pretty determined so I don’t think it was hard.

5. Was it hard for you when you first became vegetarian?
    Answered above, but I have one important thing to add: my mum said I never really liked meat. I guess I’m “lucky”?

6. What are some good meals I could make that are vegetarian? :joy:
    There are so many nowadays, nearly everything can be replaced by vegetarian and vegan ingredients. Some of my meat lover friends say those taste like crap, but others think they taste pretty good.

7. How did people react when you first became vegetarian?
    My family tried to convince me to eat meat for years, but eventually they accepted it and they’ve been very supportive since then.

8. How did/do people react when they find out you’re vegetarian?
    Most of the people don’t make a big deal of it, some of them even respect it, but I’ve met quite a few people and some of them became my good friends lol who asked me the below questions:
    “But you eat hamburger, right?” “You’ve never eaten steak?! Are you kidding?/Are you crazy?”

9. should I do it??
    It’s up to you. I would suggest you to think over for what reason you want to do it, and how important it is to you compared to eating meat. (I guess you like meat, right?) I always thought that everyone should eat what they like and what they think is good for them, and we shouldn’t really listen to others in this.

10. Common things that people mistake/assume about vegetarians?
    Some people think we eat fish, I don’t know why. I had to apologize multiple times when someone invited me to their place and they made fish because I’m a vegetarian :woman_shrugging:

11. Anything else you think I should know about…
    As I mentioned, it always felt natural to me. Sure, my friends have been teasing me, but I’ve been always happy with this. I don’t want to convince you, but you asked what you should know so I have to add that I nearly never get sick. I don’t even have a local doctor in the city where I live, and I moved here 5 years ago. Maybe I’m just lucky, I don’t know, but I do think it’s a healthy lifestyle.

4 Likes
  1. How long have you been vegetarian? 10-11 years
  2. What’s it like being a vegetarian? Well my mom went vegetarian when I was 6 so it’s second nature to me.
  3. Is it hard sometimes? I can be when I go to friends houses.
  4. What was it like for you when you became vegetarian? Well I thought it was fine. (I was six.) Then as I grew up I really understood what it meant.
  5. Was it hard for you when you first became vegetarian? Sometimes. I used to like hot dogs, hamburgers, and bacon very much.
  6. What are some good meals I could make that are vegetarian?:joy: I love my salads. And cheese and bread platters.
  7. How did people react when you first became vegetarian? They would get annoyed that we couldn’t go out for stuff like hot dogs and hamburgers. A lot of the moms would be like “That’s not a good thing for your child. etc.”
  8. How did/do people react when they find out you’re vegetarian? “Oh. So your vegan.”
  9. should I do it?? Yeah!
  10. Common things that people mistake/assume about vegetarians? “Oh. So your vegan.”
  11. Anything else you think I should know about… Just make sure you have enough protein in your diet since your cutting meat.
2 Likes

Thanks, that’s all very helpful :slight_smile: the reason I want to be vegetarian in the first place is because, like you, I love animals. I adore them. I think people should view them as equal to us humans. They may not communicate, or live in the same way as us but I believe they deserve to be able to live their life to fullest, just like people do. Also, I’ve seen videos/pictures of the way they actually get the meat and it’s absolutely horrible . Humans are so cruel towards animals :sneezing_face:

1 Like

I’m only vegetarian because I happen to think meat is absolutely disgusting, I’ve been vegetarian for 7 years :joy:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::two_hearts:

1 Like

Oh I get it, I can’t even watch those videos :disappointed: I’m glad if I could help though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

lmaoo people are dumb… there’s a difference!! :joy::joy:
Also, thanks for answering my questions it’s very helpful :slightly_smiling_face::two_hearts:

1 Like

:two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes
  1. I became vegetarian when I was 6, I’m 17.5 so about 11.5 years.
  2. It’s just what you eat, if you want to join some movement or whatever sure, but otherwise it’s just literally changing your diet like you could do with anything else, but with meat.
  3. Not for me, but I’ve been vegetarian since I was a child so I hardly remember anything else, it’s a part of my personality that I find nothing strange about, but good chance it’s harder if you get into it later in life.
  4. I was a 6 years old from a family who love meat and no one supported my decision, but even as 6 year old I felt great to just be true to myself and got over people constantly trying to shove meat into my mouth.
  5. Yes, very, I was 6 and no one took me seriously, adults kept saying it’s just a phase and laugh at me when I said I was serious. I get it’s hard to take stuff like that seriously coming out of a six year old’s mouth, but it was very legitimate.
  6. Most food in the world is vegetarian, just eat what you like that isn’t meat, literally anything. You can try new things to compensate for the loss of meat if that’s most of your diet.
  7. Not great.
  8. Sometimes people have some level of shock, but I’m always so chill about it that pretty fast anybody who’s shocked isn’t anymore. (and of course most vegetarians high five me when they find out)
  9. It’s your life, your decision, and if you want to become vegetarian, then do it! Worst case scenario you’ll find out it’s not for you and go back.
  10. That we have nothing to eat, even though most of the food in the world is vegetarian and there’s always something to eat.
    And also that being vegetarian means eating vegetables and soy, no idea why, literally everything that is not a dead animal on a plate is vegetarian.
  11. That being vegetarian really means not eating animals, so many people think that includes fish, but fish are animals so no. but if you wanna be a one that eats fish, obviously that’s perfectly okay.
4 Likes

Honestly, I’m not sure if I’ll be much help since I’ve only been vegetarian for a limited amount of time, but maybe my struggle with it will help you, or others could also provide me recommendations. :cowboy_hat_face:

• How long have you been vegetarian? About a year. I started last summer.
  • What’s it like being a vegetarian? Difficult. I will say, it did help me mentally though.
  • Is it hard sometimes? Yes… it’s not particularly hard to not eat meat due to cravings, my struggle is more along the lines of peer pressure. It sucks when everyone is eating McDonalds around you and you have to tell yourself “No,” or your friend is going to eat out for their birthday but you can’t go because there is nothing to eat.
  • What was it like for you when you became vegetarian? It was awesome! I felt so clean, and like I was making a change.
  • Was it hard for you when you first became vegetarian? Not when I first became vegetarian, it is less easy now.
  • What are some good meals I could make that are vegetarian? Pretty much anything with chia seeds, peanut butter- proteins. I would recommend smoothies, yogurts (personally I prefer coconut over almond), and mixed vegetables.
  • How did people react when you first became vegetarian? I’m stubborn so they kinda knew I wasn’t gonna back down but many would attempt to get me to eat meat… kinda sucked. Despite my own happiness, my parents are very fitness orientated and were very against my decision…
  • How did/do people react when they find out you’re vegetarian? “I KNEW IT!” I guess I give off those vibes??? Idk, people are weird.
  • should I do it?? Yes. If you know what you’re doing.
  • Common things that people mistake/assume about vegetarians? That we have a vendetta :musical_note: my v is for vendetta :musical_note: against meat eaters. Honestly, I don’t judge people who live a different lifestyle than me but many think that I’m doing it to prove “I’m better than them.” Nope.
  • Anything else you think I should know about… You need to get the right nutrients and find supplements. I cannot stress this enough! Especially if you’re young. As a 14 year old, I’m not fully aware of dietary concerns- hence my fainting several times with a lack of iron or protein. You need to be aware before you start that you will need to find other resources for basic body functions.

Let me know if you have any questions!

2 Likes

@KieraC.writes @greenghost thank you both, this was very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. My whole life!
  2. Nothing is different.
  3. Not really unless your born eating meat, but I never experienced that since I grew up vegetarian. :call_me_hand:t4:
  4. Read above.
  5. Read above.
  6. Anything as long as it doesn’t contain meat!
  7. Everyone knew already.
  8. Some are shook. Some people say that I should eat meat since I’m unhealthily thin. Some are accepting. Some say it’s a disgrace.
  9. Yes, but only if you want to. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
  10. That we are stuck-up hoes and that we ARE VEGAN! Which we are not!! :raised_hand:t3::raised_hand:t3:
  11. Do not be afraid to try it out. Start be reducing the amount of meat you ate then attempt to give it up totally. Also if people ask for a reason why you went…just tell them.
    I went myself because if animal cruelty and unsanitary conditions on factory farms.
1 Like

hello

2 Likes

people say this to me all the time too it’s annoying af

2 Likes

I know I’m like, I respected your lifestyle, can you do the same? And if you won’t just f*ck off!

2 Likes

Thanks for answering my questions! It was very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello :two_hearts:

1 Like

RIGHTT??? Like I’ve always been on the skinnier side and soo many people (primarily white tbh) have told me “you’re so skinny!! why don’t you eat more meat?” It’s so freaking annoying

2 Likes

YW! :heart: Hope you end up vegetarian…

1 Like