1. My whole life (15 yrs)
2. I guess, since I’ve always been vegetarian, its normal for me.
3. Not really. my family is vegetarian. but when im with my friends or at other places, its hard to find vegetarian options.
4. Well…like i said. Ive always been a vego. So
5. ^same answer as Q4
6. There are many things you can make! My family love Sanitarium brand and if you look on their website, they have a bunch of recipes you can try out.
7. Well, basically everyone knows I’m vegetarian. But they’re pretty chill with it.
8. Usually, they’re surprised and give me a brief interrogation about how I’m still alive and blah blah blah (they’re not being mean. they’re just…surprised and have no life that doesn’t involve meat eating )
9. It’s up to you. But i recommend it! It’s much more healthier. Besides, these days, the majority of the meat that you actually eat is basically chemicals. Factories douse their meat in chemicals to make it look more appealing that it’s surprising that it’s still counted as food.
10. That…we’re vegans. Ugh. I’m not vegan. Im V.E.G.E.T.A.R.I.A.N. i eat eggs. i drink milk except i prefer soy and I’m kinda lactose (not really. but milk generally makes me feel sick. so i drink soy or almond milk And i can eat practically everything - as long as it is not a dead animal
11. Hmmm. idk. not really. Also…Fish count as meat. many people for some reason dis-include it as meat. but its a dead animal right?..
1. My whole life (15 yrs)
Thanks for your input!
- since I was about 5/6, so around 10 years
- to me it’s pretty much all I can really remember, you do have to double check things you’re buying don’t have meat in (obviously) but that’s not really much trouble.
- sometimes when I tell people I’m vegetarian they assume i’m going to criticize them and so they get all defensive and start explaining all their life choices to me (e.g. i only eat meat because (insert reason)…) and i’m always like “hey, it’s fine - i don’t mind you eating meat, i just don’t eat it myself”
(and of course there are always some people who will just be genuinely curious too)
- we just stopped eating meat lol - i don’t really remember much. recently my family started looking into milk alternatives too and they’re actually pretty nice.
- not that i remember.
- you can find good meat alternatives for almost anything now, so pretty much anything you already eat i guess?
- my mums side of the family did (and still do) love to tease us about it, but they don’t actually mind and always make sure there is a veggie option
- i kind of answered this in 3 oops,
- yeah - go for it! you can always just eat less meat, or go pescetarian instead - both of those are still really helpful!
- that we’re going to attack you for eating meat - of course we’re not, we respect the way you live your life, even if we live ours differently
OMG me to
Thanks for answering
I am a vegetarian since birth …so 15 years
It is not bad at all…I mean at least in india we have more of vegetarian food options than non vegetarian I guess
Idk wut u should make but we have so many amazing vegetarian Indian main courses as well as street food here
Common mistake is that people think that egg is also vegetarian so u have to sometimes specify that u r vegan and not vegetarian even if u r not a vegan
How long have you been vegetarian? I have been a vegetarian for 4 months💪
What’s it like being a vegetarian? I like it, I never get the feeling of guilt by eating animals anymore
Is it hard sometimes? It can be hard but you just have to remember you’re strong & you don’t need to eat meat💪
What was it like for you when you became vegetarian? It was challenging, there were times I wanted to give up & just eat meat, but I didn’t
Was it hard for you when you first became vegetarian? Yes it was because everyone else in my house eats meat🤔
What are some good meals I could make that are vegetarian? I love potato cheese and onion burgers they’re super tasty and super filling
How did people react when you first became vegetarian? They thought I was stupid they couldn’t understand why I was doing it but now they’re more understanding
How did/do people react when they find out you’re vegetarian? They’re shocked
should I do it?? Absolutely! Vegetarians will save the world
Common things that people mistake/assume about vegetarians? They we just don’t eat meat, we also can’t eat certain sweets, marshmallow, even some chocolates are not vegetarian🙄
Anything else you think I should know about… sometimes eating out is the biggest pressure as food from restaurants look amazing but you just have to keep on pushing through, once you get to 2 months vegetarian, it’s easy
I hope this helps
Sameeeee I hate being called a vegan
You cannot just say that India has vegan opts more I think there’s equal vegan and non vegan opts these days
That’s why I said I guess
But sorry if it offended u
I am not saying there no options for non-vegetarian people
Woo… Chill plzzz I’m not offended
But seriously guys I’ve tried many times to become a vegan bt its really hard seriously I think it’s tough fr non vegans to become vegan
How long have you been vegetarian?
I have not been vegeterian for so long (3 years)
What’s it like being a vegetarian?
I feel that being a vegetarian is actually a great relief because if you search up how some companys treat their animals you will not find good answers, and i can say that you will not get tempted to eat meat after you have seen thosse pictures…
Is it hard sometimes?
I would say that the only time that it’s hard being a vegetarian is when you are, for an example a party (with the family), because if they don’t know that you are vegetarian (or have forgot it) there are not much food options. I have been in many of those situations where they have forgotten that i am a vegetarian, but you just have to be creative with the food that’s already there (i mean not that you should pick out the meat and set it to the side if you want to be a strict vegetarian)
What was it like for you when you became vegetarian?
When i first became vegetarian everything was pretty much the same except that i didn’t eat meat…
Was it hard for you when you first became vegetarian?
The only thing that was hard in the beginning was to know what meals to make.
What are some good meals I could make that are vegetarian?
There are millions of good meals to do that are without meat, like if you search on your favorite meal and then “vegetarian” after that it will come up tons of recipe.
How did people react when you first became vegetarian?
When i said to my mom that i was going to be a vegetarian she actually got pretty happy (i don’t know why), but when my grandpa found out about it he got really shocked (because he is a hunter). But everyone else didn’t care so much about it haha.
How did/do people react when they find out you’re vegetarian?
They say like “Oh, how can you not eat meat?”, but you get used to it and it’s more funny than offensive.
should I do it??
You decide that yourself, but i think that you should do it, because when you have been vegetarian for a while and just stops and thinks for a minute “Wow i haven’t eaten meat in one year” that’s actually a very good feeling.
Common things that people mistake/assume about vegetarians?
Well i can start with my brother that still doen’t understand it, he thinks that i am a vegan, because he doesn’t know the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan (and he is older than me, he is seventeen). And some people in my class/grade thinks that i only eat leaf so yeah…
Anything else you think I should know about…
One advice that i need to give you is that you can take any meal and replace the meat with vegetables or (for example) soy meat ect.
And it will be hard in the beginning, but just push forward because after awhile it will be natural for you to not eat meat.
I hope this helped!
1. How long have you been vegetarian? 4 months
2. What’s it like being a vegetarian? it’s hard because my whole family eats only meat so when I go to family dinner I can’t eat anything.
3. Is it hard sometimes? Yes my favorite food was meat so now I can’t it.
4. What was it like for you when you became vegetarian? my parents thought I was joking and said I couldn’t do it. Or that it was a phase but for me it’s getting easier.
5. Was it hard for you when you first became vegetarian? Yes
6. What are some good meals I could make that are vegetarian? It depends I eat a lot of cereal and veggie patties.
8. How did/do people react when they find out you’re vegetarian? They thought I was joking or I wouldn’t be able to do it.
9. should I do it?? YES!!!
10. Common things that people mistake/assume about vegetarians? “Oh so you don’t eat anything that comes from an animal?”
11. Anything else you think I should know about… I think you should consider why, and if your gonna be able to avoid temptations.
I became vegetarian because I believe animals should have the same rights as people. They should be created as equals even if they don’t talk or do the same things as us. I also don’t eat seafood or eggs because I don’t like thinking people would kill animals just to have something good to eat. I also love animals with all my heart and I’m glad your considering becoming vegetarian because it will help the animals!
- How long have you been vegetarian?
around 4 years
- What’s it like being a vegetarian?
- Is it hard sometimes?
Not at all, although everybody is different-
- What was it like for you when you became vegetarian?
Ngl, at first it took a toll on my health just i had been eating meat my whole life and i wasn’t getting the nutrients i needed. once i found ways to get the nutrients i was missing i went right back to normal, but again- everyone’s different
- Was it hard for you when you first became vegetarian?
Maybe in the first month… just getting used to it- that’s all
- What are some good meals I could make that are vegetarian?
I’m not really sure- i normally just buy vegetarian meals from stores-
- How did people react when you first became vegetarian?
Nobody really cared.
- How did/do people react when they find out you’re vegetarian?
“omg so you don’t eat burgers?” “what?! why?!” “i could never”
should I do it??
in my opinion it’s one of the best choices i’ve ever made, but it’s only up to you to choose
- Common things that people mistake/assume about vegetarians?
They always become anaemic (in my case, that’s ALL i heard in my first months)
and also they always assume i’m vegan.
- Anything else you think I should know about…
Not really, but maybe have good meat replacement meals
1. How long have you been vegetarian?
12 years, since I was 18 and started making/buying my own food
2. What’s it like being a vegetarian?
At this point it’s very normal to me.
3. Is it hard sometimes?
I live in NYC so it’s very easy to find vegetarian options at pretty much any restaurant, but I hate being that picky person sometimes but at this point I just don’t like meat so I couldn’t eat it if I wanted to.
4. What was it like for you when you became vegetarian?
When I was at university, I realized I only ever ate meat when I went out to eat (which wasn’t often) because I hated cooking it (paranoid of getting salmonella poisoning from chicken and I didn’t like beef much), so I literally just decided one day to go at it for real! I then did a ton of research for my environmental studies class on how terrible the meat industry is for the environment (most crops actually go to feed animals, not to feed people) and I always knew ow cruel the factory farming industry is to sweet animals like cows and pigs so I kind of found my reason after making the decision haha.
5. Was it hard for you when you first became vegetarian?
Sometimes because I didn’t like being the only one in my circle of friends. But I got used to it, so did they. And because I didn’t try to “convert them” I feel like they respected it.
6. What are some good meals I could make that are vegetarian?
I love anything with chickpeas! Hummus, falafel, salads, it’s so versatile! Lentils too, soups and salads mostly but my friend just made these awesome lentil + walnut BBQ mini-burgers that were divine. (Kind of like these with BBQ sauce on top)
Also black beans, sautéed with onions and garlic and peppers with rice to be like a taco bowl or with tacos is great. Especially if there’s avocado involved!
For recipes, I love Thug Kitchen
I also like experimenting to make my favorite dishes at home like Indian curries with vegetables, thai curries with tofu + vegetables (you may not like tofu right away, I didn’t, but if the sauce is good enough, the tofu just tastes like the sauce!), pad thai, and stir fries are amazing and vegetarian!
7. How did people react when you first became vegetarian?
My mom was pissed but she got over it, read a book called the China Study and tried to become more vegetarian herself for health reasons, so people will come around! Friends were fine with it but thought it was sudden haha.
8. How did/do people react when they find out you’re vegetarian?
Maybe a little judgmental because they think I’m going to try and force them to become veg, but then they’re fine once they realize I don’t care.
9. Should I do it??
If you want to! You can try to do Meatless Mondays and see how hard that is for a few weeks and ease into it. Or dive right in like I did. It’s a highly personal choice.
10. Common things that people mistake/assume about vegetarians?
That they can’t eat anything. There’s so much delicious veggie food!
11. Anything else you think I should know about…
Be careful to think about your protein/fat/carb balance (just like in a non-veg diet). There is protein in veggies but a lower amount than in bean and stuff. Maybe take a B-12 supplement because that usually comes from meat. If you eat enough greens you should be fine with iron, but consider that too. And beware of junk food that’s still vegetarian (chips, candy, etc) so you’re not getting all your calories from those empty foods just because they’re convenient or the only veggie things on like McDonald’s menu (actually McDonald’s fires are NOT vegetarian).
Let me know if you have any other questions!
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.