Very complicated (for me at least) manikin outfit choice doesn't work for some reason?

So basically, I am trying to make a template for someone to pick what a character is wearing by using 3 model characters named MODEL1, MODEL2, and MODEL3 (ik, so original.) These act as manikins and stand in a room wearing certain outfits while doing poses so the reader can see all the outfits at once and choose which one they want.

This scene also happens to be in a larger choice in the episode of whether a character chooses to run away from home or not. (No matter what is chosen the result is the same - she ends up in bed.) I’ve been using gain, and if/elif/else commands as well as label and goto commands which makes everything a bit complicated as I am told that labels cannot be inside {} or if/elif/else commands. (This caused me to add a gain in the middle of each choice, end the choice after gain and switch to if/elif/else to complete the choice so the label wouldn’t have to be in the choice at all.)

This whole process works completely perfect until the character changes into the outfit that the reader chose, and no matter what they choose, the character always changes into “Outfit 1”. I hope this is a small error that I just can’t see because I’ve been staring at my computer for too long, but even if it isn’t thanks so much for the help.

Here is my code from the larger choice of whether or not Riley (Main character) should run away or not. (I also want to point out that each model is wearing the outfit that corresponds with their number ex. MODEL1 is wearing “Outfit 1” which is named MODEL1_default.) I am very sorry if this is confusing, honestly I’m confused. I tried to make notes in as many places as possible explaining my thinking, those r in bold.

RILEY (idle_awkward_scratch_loop)
(What do I do?)
choice
“I’ll figure it out in the morning, I should go back to bed.” {
music music_spaceysomber
RILEY (talk_exhausted)
(I can’t deal with this right now.)
@RILEY is dustoff_neutral_loop
RILEY (sigh_disappointed)
(That looked so much like my mom.)
RILEY (idle_awkward_uneasy_loop)
(I hope that I don’t have to run into her tomorrow before school.)
gain ep2ch1
}
“GET OUT OF THERE NOW!!” {
music music_gravestrings
RILEY (think_rubchin)
(I need to change into something else if I’m going to pull this off.)
@transition fade out black
INT. OUTFIT - DAY
@transition fade in black
&MODEL1 spot .947 45 123 AND MODEL1 faces right
&MODEL2 spot .767 166 272 AND MODEL2 faces right
@MODEL3 spot .839 269 196 AND MODEL3 faces left
&MODEL2 is flirt_wink_atcamera_pose
&MODEL1 is laugh_giggle_pose
@MODEL3 is selfie_pose
NARRATOR
Welcome to your closet!
NARRATOR
Each manikin is wearing an outfit that you can have Riley change into.
gain ep2ch2
}
label oof This label was causing me problems and so that’s why I changed to if/elif/else
if(ep2ch1){
goto lol
}
elif (ep2ch2) { **I know that you are supposed to use else but you can’t add () specifying which gain you want and that irritates me (I have so many I feel like it will get confused.) so I used elif. I don’t think this is the problem but maybe it could be? not sure. **
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
@pause for a beat
NARRATOR
Which outfit do you want Riley to change into?
choice
“Outfit 1”{
@pause for a beat
@zoom on 0 292 to 306% in 0 All these zooms are just to get a closer look at the outfit
&zoom on 0 0 to 306% in 3
NARRATOR
Is this for sure what you want?
choice
“Yes” {
gain ep2o1
@zoom reset
}
“No” {
@zoom reset
goto oof
}
}
“Outfit 2”{
@pause for a beat
@zoom on 180 381 to 369% in 0
&zoom on 172 161 to 369% in 3
NARRATOR
choice
“Yes” {
gain ep2o2
@zoom reset
}
“No” {
@zoom reset
goto oof
}
}
“Outfit 3”{
@pause for a beat
@zoom on 306 328 to 369% in 0
&zoom on 303 87 to 369% in 3
NARRATOR
choice
“Yes” {
gain ep2o3
@zoom reset
}
“No” {
@zoom reset
goto oof
}
}

INT. BEDROOM POSTERWALL - NIGHT
@cut to zone 3
@RILEY spot 1.190 159 97 AND RILEY faces right
@RILEY is think_rubchin
if (ep2o1) {
@RILEY changes into MODEL1_default
} elif (ep2o2) {
@RILEY changes into MODEL2_default
} elif (ep203){
@RILEY changes into MODEL3_default
}
@RILEY is deepbreath
@RILEY exits left AND RILEY does it while walk_sneak_loop

There will be more story here once I figure out the outfit issue. From here on is pretty much me making notes to myself as the narrator (Which I will get rid of once the overall choice is done being written.) but also is the “lol” label that was used to end the choice of going back to bed.

NARRATOR
End of choice2 after this.
}
NARRATOR
DON’T USE THIS LABEL UNTIL SHE IN BED FOR BOTH FAM >:(.
label lol
NARRATOR
This is annoying why can’t I end my script in a label, I’m just tryna get stuff done my dude.

Okay, maybe this is a stupid question, but do you preview it on your phone or on the web preview?

Very much not a stupid question as you made me realize the problem! I mainly preview on my computer as I find it faster and I never reset my progress in the story whenever I previewed more than once with new updates. So because the first time I previewed I chose outfit 1, it seems it remembered that I gained “ep2o1” and so made me always change into that because it’s the first “if” command choice in the script. I tried it on my phone while resetting progress and the other outfits work fine. I’m glad it was something easily fixable, and thanks for helping me realize! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I imagined that was the problem
I’m glad I’ve helped you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.