Victorian Era Drama - What do you think?

Hey everyone !

I have been working on my story for maybe a couple of months now and I would love to know what you think about the whole concept, a.k.a. if it picks at your curiosity, if there are certain things that you would look for in such a story etc…

First of all, this story is set in the Victorian Era, which means that public opinion and reputation play an important part in your success in life. I think most of you can guess it, but back then, certain behaviours that would seem completely normal were the synonym for social death, like a young lady of the upper class being alone with a gentleman. In this story, this will be extremely relevant because the MC is part of the aristocracy.

There are basically three fields to this story:

• Forbidden romance: The MC finds herself falling in love with one of the Queen’s servants, which is absolute dishonour to her family.
  • Family drama and reputation: A few things here – her family has a terrible reputation because her parents have chosen to raise two illegitimate children as equals. Bastardy was extremely frowned upon back then. Now what the MC wants to do is regain her family’s honour, as she is tired of seeing her loved ones get hurt. Plus, the people close to her have quite a few potentially destructive secrets to hide, which she finds out about and has to keep in order to protect her parents and siblings.
  • The fact that your life may be in danger: several unresolved murders also indicate that she might be in danger. Of course, since we’re in the Victorian Era, she’s not going to pick up a gun and go after the killer in warrior-mode, but the MC’s curious and protective nature will push her to investigate.

The MC and the love interest are customisable, and while you will of course decide some of the MC’s reactions and action, one thing that is really important to her is to keep her loved ones safe. This is what she bases all her actions on. As for the servant, he behaves as any servant would at that time (a.k.a. obedience, politeness etc.) but you will discover each other for who you are as people, beyond your social classes :slight_smile:

I really am IN LOVE with rich plots and I want this story to be more than a simple romance, even though the romance will of course have a big part. For example, the family drama will be very important to the MC as well, and the murders will direct a lot of events.

I am also going to (try to) give it a gothic feel, with some slightly dark themes etc, while still keeping it light enough and a little funny. Basically, the characters will be witty and humorous but the context and the world around them rather dark.

So, do you guys have any tips or comments to make ? I am open to any kind of criticism. This may be my first episode story but I do write a lot of creative writing stuff in my free time, so I do have a relatively-good writer experience. But I would love to hear what you have to say!

1 Like

Sounds so cool! You’ll have to keep me posted!!!

1 Like

Thanks ! :relaxed: I’ll update here when I release the first few episodes :grin:

1 Like

Bumpppp

Hi Elsa,

I’ve posted the first three episodes. Check them out here:

Hope you enjoy it !

:heartpulse:

1 Like

I’m currently reading your story and I really like it even though I personally rather ink style over limelight. But I’ve been looking for this kind of story for awhile now and it’s honestly very good. Keep up the good work, I wish you a tone of view <3

1 Like

The plot reminds me of a series of dreams I had a few years ago :slight_smile: :heartpulse: . I would love to read your story in Ink to but I understand completely if you don’t want/have the time to :heart::rainbow::hugs:

1 Like

I’m in love with this idea. I’m in love with the victorian era and this story seems to really nail what makes it such a unique time period. Just be careful as to how you approach revealing everything to the reader. Like try to have everything tie together towards the end so it’s not just three different plot lines if you get what I’m saying. Keep me posted as to when you upload this because I’d love to read it!

2 Likes

I’m glad you like it. The next batch of 3 episodes is coming out soon enough, I’ll let you know when it does. I hadn’t actually thought of making it ink, but if I get the time I will definitely consider it :kissing_heart: For now, I think it’ll keep coming out in limelight, and then I’ll see, promise :blush:
Thank you so much !!:heartpulse:

1 Like

Thank you so much ! I get what you’re saying and I will try doing my best :relaxed: Like I mentioned above, the rest will be coming out soon enough, I’ll let you know as soon as it does :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m sure it will be great!

1 Like