Violence guidelines

So I’m trying to figure out if this “5 punches” thing is a real rule because I didn’t see it in the actual content guidelines. It’s quite confusing, so would anyone like to clear that up for me?

11 Likes

It’s real alr :nerd_face:

1 Like

Yes it is a rule. 5 punches per episode and a max of 5 swear words per episode.

2 Likes

LOL what I don’t get is what about shooting? Does that mean it’s limited to 5 shots as well? Yet I haven’t seen anything about that :thinking:

3 Likes

This is honestly a good point. So they might as well remove the action category.

11 Likes

I always knew about the 5 swear words one.

If you think about it, this app is PG13.

In order for the episodes to be suitable, they have to limit the amount of violence and profanity you use. Similar to a PG13 movie, you can’t swear as much as you want or show mass violence.

Otherwise, Episode would have to review every single story to check if it breaks any of the rules.

2 Likes

Delete this before the episode team sees it. You’re giving them ideas💀

Im joking lol

4 Likes

omg :joy: honestly I rather know now then wait a few more months then have episode be like “NEW RULE!” then everyone will be mad again and go back into their stories to fix it :joy::skull:

4 Likes

The punches are not listed in the Guidelines on the website. Does anyone have a screenshot of Episode saying this to someone about punces? Not that I doubt that it’s real, but I am curious due to the nature of the entire drama section.

I write a lot of drama and if my characters have to knock people out in the first punch so be it, but I don’t want to get in trouble because someone got hit 6 times. I mean is this 5 times total or is this like 5 times per character per chapter? haha

I have heard the things about the swear words before though. Nothing new there.

I do know that you cannot have a dead body, blood and a weapon on the screen at the same time.

10 Likes

Is it really PG13? :rofl: I mean I’m being sarcastic of course but let’s be real nothing about this app is pg13 so that’s not even an excuse.

5 Likes

:skull::rofl::rofl::rofl: I agree. They don’t need no more ideas.

3 Likes

Well… :eyes:
The content guidelines state PG13. So regardless, it should be PG13.

I’ve honestly never seen the 5 punch rule in the guidelines. The only time I’ve seen episode state it is in the support tickets from other authors who posted it on insta! You can only do 5 punches per a chapter (they never stated anything if it’s per character, but I think they mean overall :thinking:)

4 Likes

Fr tho there will be a featured teacher and student relationship story on episode and yet it’s a “PG13 app”

5 Likes

Well they can’t expect us to follow guidelines when they aren’t following them. You can’t give rules and not follow them yourself. It don’t work like that.

8 Likes

This is why I’m fucking pissed at them too and are they listening to the community… no!!!

8 Likes

Regardless, it’s a rule, whether we like it or not.

Personally, I don’t read many stories, so I wouldn’t know which rules they may have broken.

However, at the end of the day, they are there to enforce the rules and we have to follow them.

Just because one person breaks the rules, that doesn’t mean we all should.

Is the 5 swear words a new thing??? Because I haven’t heard of that before, I thought it was just only 5 f bombs not swear words in general

5 Likes

This is only towards parental abuse ↓

• When showing physical abuse via animations (punch, slap, etc) one punch/slap from a parent to a child is sufficient to show the reader that child is being abused.
8 Likes

Just remove some categories.

Well, there goes the murder scene for my story for the contest.

4 Likes