Visual Character Customization helppp

Hey, so it’s been over a year since I’ve been on episode forums and the app in general.

I’ve been thinking about making a new story and just curious, do you think coding visual customization is worth it? Like the one Dara.Amarie makes.

If so, does anyone have any suggestions about creating one? Thanks!

2 Likes

Well, if you need help with customization, then I’m your man, and setting up customization is easy, and let give you a tutorial to help.

2 Likes

I do have an appreciation for the effort that goes into some visuals but I prefer the “standard” way of customizing because it’s much quicker and I know where all of my preferred features and colors are located.

5 Likes

I think it can be an interesting addition. I always like to see authors experiment with directing and coding so if the visual customization is unique and well thought out — it’d interest me more in the story and raise my expectations for the story. Even if it’s something simple it makes a story stand out a little to me. It all depends on execution.

I would avoid using a lot of tappables right on top of each other and unnecessarily long pauses, though. Those can be super annoying as a reader!

It can definitely add a unique and more lively element to your story.