Visual/Detailed Proof of Misrepresentation (or Cultural Appropriation) on Episode

That’s why you always end up seeing 8-12 Episodes published within a week.

3 Likes

To be fair, that’s how the one Muslim default character Lola is presented with the dress, so that’s why authors would leave that in if they think it’s okay

4 Likes

From Awestruck by Mandy Sometimes I just don’t get why stories don’t put other hairstyles than protective ones on non-white characters or just make a person Black.
This author also had another white character in a different story (not sure if they changed it by now though). I’m not sure so myself, since it is the Short Curly Fade and many people of different races and ethnicities can have short curly hair.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t get episode author’s now

EDIT: I did not mean to say that heels are forbidden in Islam. They are more of a cultural aspect and just not recommended. Sorry for the false info, @ParkLow_G and others.

2 Likes

I want to add that not all muslims wear hijabs yet in stories that seems to be the only way to people represent them

5 Likes

Mostly as Background characters, don’t forget

3 Likes

Sometimes indian women wear it because they think its beautiful and will also give it to a non-indian single woman to wear. It’s happened. Personally, as a non-indian, I wouldn’t do it myself, but if an indian woman wanted to give me one for a party for example, that would be different.

7 Likes

Yeah, and there are muslims that don’t wear any type of scarf at all. Like many people say, there are other ways to practice Islam.

4 Likes

If people can get the idea of nuns having their life sorting out from modesty, then they can get that being a Hijabi is a WOMAN’S journey to modesty.
It’s not complicated nor does it make sense whenever I see authors giving hijabis the LEAST respect but give it all in for nuns or any other branch of the Abrahamic religion that isn’t Islam.

About the Muslim hijabi smoking (remind you I am a Muslim myself lol), honestly it’s not a big deal to me. Yes, our Islamic religion prohibits smoking tobacco for the sake of our health not religious-wise.
But gee, they still smoke; especially in the middle east they mostly smoke hookahs.
High Heels aren’t forbidden, whoever told you that it is a whole ass fraud :skull:

4 Likes

The hookahs tho :rofl:

1 Like

My dad is muslim and he smokes so :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Yes that brother is black in the version of the story I read

1 Like

Islam has only recently (by 2019 Islamic scholars called the act of smoking haram or sinful) and many Muslims still have yet to stop smoking because they have not adopted it as a cultural norm.

Women can wear heels as long as the shoes don’t make a sound (which will attract attention to themselves), the height of the heel is not harmful when walk, though it is a controversial topic to some

3 Likes

I was just wondering, since he and some of MC’s brothers have their skin colour changed to match with MC’s.

1 Like

The not making a sound when walking reminds me of the phrase “seen not heard”.

1 Like

That’s basically how Islamic scholars translate the Quran. Women are not meant to draw attention to themselves especially if they are not married or with of group of men she doesn’t know or is not related to.

1 Like

Interesting.

Bumping

1 Like