Walking from back of screen (spot directing)

Hey guys,

I’ve been getting better at spot directing, but this is the only thing I’ve been stuck on.
I’m trying to get my character to walk to the back of the screen -
Example:
@CHAR walks to spot 0.911 93 159
I’m able to get my character to the back of the screen, but not without her walking up diagonally if that makes sense? I’m just trying to get her to walk straight from the side of the screen directly to her spot, without coming up/diagonally.

Thank you in advance!

Can I see your script?

So… judging by your title do you want:

@CHARACTER walks to spot 1 93 159 AND CHARACTER does it while walk_rear AND CHARACTER faces right

This will allow the character to walk smoothly to the back of the screen.

1 Like

INT. BLACK - NIGHT
NARRATOR
To be continued…

EXT. ROYAL BALLROOM TERRACE - NIGHT

@VIOLET changes hair into Diva Curls

@VIOLET walks to spot 1 93 159

This is all it currently says, i’m just trying to get her to walk to this spot from the side of the screen at the same height, and not diagonally if that makes sense? thank you <3

1 Like

INT. BLACK - NIGHT
NARRATOR
To be continued…

EXT. ROYAL BALLROOM TERRACE - NIGHT
@VIOLET changes hair into Diva Curls
@VIOLET stands to spot 1 0 159
@VIOLET walks to spot 1 93 159 AND VIOLET does it while walk_rear AND VIOLET faces right

1 Like

Ohhhhh I think I understand now!! Try this command:

@VIOLET spot 0.910 -58 161
@VIOLET walks to spot 0.910 151 165 in 2

2 Likes

OH MY LORD
thank you so much, i’ve been so close to ripping my hair off over this.
YOU ARE THE BEST

1 Like

Glad I could help!! The “in 2” means they move to that spot in 2 seconds and the first spot is where they stand off screen. The movement can be anything above 0 even 0.1, so your character can move super fast. Have a play with it! The guides on the episode portal are also super helpful for spotting :blush: If you ever need anything feel free to shoot me a PM!