Walking + Talking

In my script, I have five characters who are supposed to walk down the hall while taking turns talking and adding to the conversation. I’ve already done the pan thing but there always a character that shows up too late and a text bubble that doesn’t pop up fast enough. I’m not sure what to do? I only need a script template because this is confusing for me lmao :sob: thanks!:yellow_heart:

the problem with walking/ talking is that it depends on how quick reader tapps. Therefore it works best if it is on looping background than the readers tapps speed do not matter. But you as I understand cant use it due to specific backgroud. So show me the script I will check if I can adjust it to be more smooth.

2 Likes

GABRIEL (talk_excited_happy)
Chop, chop! Let’s go!
@transition fade out black 1.0
INT. DORM HALLWAY STONE - DAY
@transition fade in black 3.0
&pan to zone 2 in 8
&JAYDEN walks to spot 1.154 255 113 in zone 2 in 8 and JAYDEN does it while walk_worried_loop
JAYDEN
Dude, I still can’t believe you trespassed onto a private property!
&YOU walks to spot 1.010 148 183 in zone 2 in 8 and YOU does it while walk_neutral
YOU
I can’t believe out of all the places to break in to, you chose a library?
@YOU starts sigh_disappointed
&GABRIEL walks to spot 1.280 202 37 in zone 2 in 8 and GABRIEL does it while walk_neutral
GABRIEL
Well, she took my stuff!
@BEA walks to spot 1.127 107 86 in zone 2 in 8 and BEA does it while walk_neutral
BEA
And you stole the books because?
&ANDREA walks to spot 1.046 49 149 in zone 2 in 8 and ANDREA does it while walk_neutral

i have a feeling the places where i put the walking stuff is wrong. but i was busy focusing on a different part of the chapter so i pushed this off until last minute. oh, and the character bea doesn’t have to be the camera focus, it’s truly not important.

ok so first problem I see that you walk them ut you haven’t spot them before you walk them
so the script doesn’t know from where they should walk ad it than might look random- you need to first spot them all offscreen and only after that give them walking command.

This would be really ideal for looping BG - unfortunately, this one isn’t… I will try to modify it for you to make it more smooth at last. :slight_smile:

INT. DORM HALLWAY STONE - DAY
&zoom reset
&JAYDEN spot 1.154 -95 113 in zone 1 AND JAYDEN moves to layer 3
&ANDREA spot 1.046 -301 148 in zone 1 AND ANDREA moves to layer 2
&GABRIEL spot 1.280 -148 37 in zone 1 AND GABRIEL moves to layer 5
&BEA spot 1.127 -243 86 in zone 1 AND BEA moves to layer 4
&YOU spot 1.010 -202 183 in zone 1 AND YOU moves to layer 1

@transition fade in black 3.0
&pause for 3 then pan to zone 2 in 5
&ANDREA walks to spot 1.046 49 149 in zone 2 in 8 and ANDREA does it while walk_neutral_offset_loop
&BEA walks to spot 1.127 107 86 in zone 2 in 8 and BEA does it while walk_neutral
&GABRIEL walks to spot 1.280 202 37 in zone 2 in 8 and GABRIEL does it while walk_neutral_offset_loop
&YOU walks to spot 1.010 148 183 in zone 2 in 8 and YOU does it while walk_tray_neutral_loop
&JAYDEN walks to spot 1.154 255 113 in zone 2 in 8 and JAYDEN does it while walk_talk_neutral_loop
@pause for 3
@speechbubble is 192 290 to 100% with tail_top_right
JAYDEN
Dude, I still can’t believe you trespassed onto a private property!
@pause for 2
@speechbubble is 216 316 to 100% with tail_top_left
&GABRIEL faces left AND GABRIEL is idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop
&ANDREA is idle_shiftweight_neutral_loop
YOU (talk_exhausted)
I can’t believe out of all the places to break in to, you chose a library?
&YOU is idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop
&JAYDEN faces left AND JAYDEN is think_rubchin
&YOU is sigh_disappointed
&JAYDEN is think_rubchin
@speechbubble is 121 274 to 100% with tail_top_right
GABRIEL (talk_sarcastic)
Well, she took my stuff!
&GABRIEL is eyeroll_sarcastic
&BEA is idle_shiftweight_neutral_loop
&YOU is think_rubchin
@speechbubble is 190 265 to 100% with tail_top_left
BEA (talk_handsonhips_neutral)
And you stole the books because?

woah, this is much better. thank you for the help!:blue_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.