Walking With Overlays

Hi,

I’m trying to have a character move with food. I’m not meaning props but an an overlay. I have the prop as a overlay like someone made it and because the character is making more food I want the character to walk and move the overlay with them at the sametime.

If someone knows how to do it, pleace could you help me.

Thank you.

1 Like

You’ll have to simultaneously direst both the character and the overlay. Depending on what the overlay is, choose the coresponding animation. Probably one of the following: walk_box_neutral_loop, walk_tray_neutral_loop.
Now, you’ll have to insert the overlay and put it in your character’s hands before they start walking. Then, you’ll know where the character is going to stop walking, so at that spot you’ll put the overlay on their hands. You’ll use the shifts command for the overlay, and also use the ‘&’ for the commands to happen simultaneously.
Hope I helped you understand!

2 Likes

When using @overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts … use the exact time you use when the character is walking. Like this:

@CHRACTER1 walks to spot … in 2 AND AND CHARACTER1 is ANIMATION AND overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to … in 2

2 Likes

I yeah so it’s a whole code. Right I thought it was separate codes. Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome! :green_heart:
If you need more clarification I suggest you to read @/dara.amarie.ep website! It has helped me a lot!

1 Like

I didn’t know that was on there, I’m using the website when I’m doing choices because I don’t know what I’m doing ah

1 Like

There are a lot of things to help you learn coding. You just need to find it! :wink:
There are a whole theme about the overlays and spotting. But I think I didn’t see combination with character and overlay. :thinking:

2 Likes

I okay thank you for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.